quake v??

GodisanAtheist

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2006
Quake is such a weird series, half story based corridor shooter, half arena shooter.

I hope we return to the strogg campaign and also something that ties the "plot" of the original game and Quake 3 in with the primary story.

Reactions: cytg111

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
They should leave the single player campaign to Doom. Quake was also best as a multi-player shooter. Even back in the Quake World days.

But for all intents and purposes, Quake Champions *IS* Quake 5.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Quake is such a weird series, half story based corridor shooter, half arena shooter.

I hope we return to the strogg campaign and also something that ties the "plot" of the original game and Quake 3 in with the primary story.
Fond memories of destroying the "Big Gun" planetary defenses in Q2. My dad and I played together, no mouse, so one of us moved, the other looked up and down and pulled the trigger. It was super great bonding actually. It really made the investment in that Voodoo 2 look worthwhile.

We played several games this way. Deus Ex was a lot of fun, too. By then we had moved to one player running the mouse the other the keyboard.

The final boss battle of HL ended in multiple defeats, a dead MS optical mouse and my Dad declaring "I won't play with you again." Sigh. An end of an era because teenager me raged at that final stupid battle. I finished HL sometime after HL2 came out by myself and my dad didn't really play video games with me again for a decade.

Now we are back to rocking Borderlands, etc. We each have our own avatar though, obviously. :p

I would definitely buy a story based Quake :D I would expect a solid amount of cheese but superb movement and gun play. Aliens, not demons invading, of course!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'd like to see a revival of a capture the flag game for Quake (or Doom). I had a lot more fun with that than either the single player or multiplayer death matches. Capture the flag with the grappling hook mod was the best.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I'd like to see a revival of a capture the flag game for Quake (or Doom). I had a lot more fun with that than either the single player or multiplayer death matches. Capture the flag with the grappling hook mod was the best.
Man, I miss expert CTF from Quake World. By far and away the best CTF mode I have played in any game.

Artorias

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2014
Doesn't Bethesda/Zenimax now own the IP through ID? I cant imagine a Doom like revival being any good, its a much different style of game meant for hard core mouse/keyboard players.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

quake 1 is corridor shooter.
quake 2 is corridor shooter.
quake 3 is arena shooter.
quake 4 is corridor shooter.

THATS 25 - 75 !!!!!

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
The problem with Quake 3 is there was no bot protection that actually worked! Aimbots were rampant!
Not when it first came out. The bots came quite a bit later. When Quake 3 first launched the anti cheat worked pretty decently. You gotta remember its been 21 years since it came out. Which makes me feel so old. Especially since I played Quake World for many years before Quake 3 ever came out. I didn't play Quake 2 as it was not considered a competitive shooter. The skill cap for Quake World was quite a bit higher, especially on the expert servers.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Not when it first came out. The bots came quite a bit later. When Quake 3 first launched the anti cheat worked pretty decently. You gotta remember its been 21 years since it came out. Which makes me feel so old. Especially since I played Quake World for many years before Quake 3 ever came out. I didn't play Quake 2 as it was not considered a competitive shooter. The skill cap for Quake World was quite a bit higher, especially on the expert servers.
Just to point something out -- no game has bots when it first comes out...lol

GodisanAtheist

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2006
quake 1 is corridor shooter.
quake 2 is corridor shooter.
quake 3 is arena shooter.
quake 4 is corridor shooter.

THATS 25 - 75 !!!!!
Quake Champions - Arena Shooter

Guess we're at 40 - 60!!!

Need one more Quake Arena game and I'm technically correct!!!

Edit:

How quickly we forget:

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - Arena Shooter* (More of a class based MP shooter, but I'm not being picky here its MP only).

We've landed at 50/50!!! Bust out the Vuvuzelas!!!! :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Stuka87
Oct 9, 1999
lots of us still playing q2. LMCTF(the first q2 ctf mode) is alive and very active, weekly games, and half way thru a league (http://lmctf.com/beatdown/index.html) right now.

also regular q2 CTF games going on too. we have a very active discord as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BFG10K PC Games 9

ASK THE COMMUNITY