Q9550 and Scythe Ninja in love

boglwe

Aug 16, 2007
I have a new Q9550 and a Scythe Ninja. The temps run semi idle at about 38c. Full load at about 47c. BUT...here is the odd thing... My scythe Ninja is not hot at all, I mean, its actually cool. Even the copper pipes near the processor is semi cool as well. I can feel a little heat but not a lot. I am curious if I did not seat this well. I have put on tons of aftermarket coolers, and the temps are way down, just seems there is no heat on this processor. AM I correct to believe that My system is running very well but will soon be OCing, is there anyone else who has experience with this? This...being the cooler Scythe Ninja on top of the Q9550.

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
The heatpipes on my S1283 are cold to the touch, even under full load

Nov 26, 2005
Originally posted by: boglwe
I have a new Q9550 and a Scythe Ninja. The temps run semi idle at about 38c. Full load at about 47c. BUT...here is the odd thing... My scythe Ninja is not hot at all, I mean, its actually cool. Even the copper pipes near the processor is semi cool as well. I can feel a little heat but not a lot. I am curious if I did not seat this well. I have put on tons of aftermarket coolers, and the temps are way down, just seems there is no heat on this processor. AM I correct to believe that My system is running very well but will soon be OCing, is there anyone else who has experience with this? This...being the cooler Scythe Ninja on top of the Q9550.

Are you reading the CPUTIN from the motherboard or the actual on-die temp sensor?

KingstonU

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2006
Hoping to get my Q9550 at 3.6 and stable. Great temps. What settings are you using (vcore etc...)? Also is yours a C1 or an E0?

KingstonU

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2006
EO is newer and overclocks better.

What are your bios settings for your OC btw?