q6600 G0

johno

Nov 11, 2007
my q6600 G0 system idles little under 40c(core temp t-junct.) with an open case and intel side step disabled. At full loads (prime 95-torture test) reaches upto 72c (t junct). The ambient room temps are under 22c.

These temps are measured by coretemp and I'm using stock cooling at stock speeds.

Are these temps normal? If not what should my temps be under these conditions?

stevty2889

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2003
While the stock cooler is pretty crappy, I don't think you should be hitting 72c at stock speeds. Those stupid push pin heatsinks can be tricky to get seated properly, so it wouldn't hurt to double check. 72c isn't going to kill that CPU, but at stock speeds, it should be running cooler.

johno

Nov 11, 2007
i have checked and rechecked the hsf seating. all the pins are locked down.
My vcore is 1.224v.

johno

Nov 11, 2007
What I'm really concerned about is the difference between my idle and load temps(t-junction delta). The difference is about 35c! I believe the delta value is meant to be less than 25c on a stock setup.

johno

Nov 11, 2007
the problem is not the distortion on the surface of either the heat sink or the heat spreader. If that were the case the individual cores would have a temp difference of over 3c. In my case that is not so.

What I'm concerned about is the t-junction delta.

Has anyone measured load temps using prime 95 torture test on a stock setup and hsf?