Q: Who Is The Highest Paid Person In McCain's Campaign?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: JD50
Important stuff here folks.

Funny how when Edwards had a $400 haircut it was all over Faux and the right wing blogs yet Palin spends more in a hour for clothes/hair/makeup/etc... then edwards did the whole campaign. Guess I should wait for Faux and all the others to make that their daily talk points right???

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
I don't see what the problem is. Palin's traveling stylist is more important than a foreign policy adviser. This is right in line with republican values.

It's their (rnc or campaign's, slightly unclear) money, they can spend it however they want. However, they should never be allowed to govern or have any control whatsoever of taxpayer's money.

And, something no one has brought up: if she's so hot, why does she need all of this crap? Maybe she'd look like godzilla without it.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Important stuff here folks.

Funny how when Edwards had a $400 haircut it was all over Faux and the right wing blogs yet Palin spends more in a hour for clothes/hair/makeup/etc... then edwards did the whole campaign. Guess I should wait for Faux and all the others to make that their daily talk points right???

So is this how you admit to being a hypocrite?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: seemingly random
I don't see what the problem is. Palin's traveling stylist is more important than a foreign policy adviser. This is right in line with republican values.

It's their (rnc or campaign's, slightly unclear) money, they can spend it however they want. However, they should never be allowed to govern or have any control whatsoever of taxpayer's money.

And, something no one has brought up: if she's so hot, why does she need all of this crap? Maybe she'd look like godzilla without it.

I know right? Beautiful, famous women NEVER spend large amounts of money on clothes, make-up etc.... This is definitely the first I've ever heard of a high profile woman spending a lot of money on personal grooming.

Honestly, if you think that it's rare for a pretty woman to spend a lot of money on clothes and make-up, then you've obviously never been in a relationship with a good looking woman.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: loki8481
this matters this much:

I tend to agree...except when you have this "folksy, home-made mom concerned with the problems of Joe [fill in blank this week] and Main street."

I don't think the common people she claims to sympathize with understand the need for $70k/month on appearance....

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: zinfamous
Originally posted by: loki8481
this matters this much:

I tend to agree...except when you have this "folksy, home-made mom concerned with the problems of Joe [fill in blank this week] and Main street."

I don't think the common people she claims to sympathize with understand the need for $70k/month on appearance....

I agree that it seems hypocritical because of that stance, however, it's not as hypocritical as the left is making it out to be. If she was spending this much on clothes or make-up BEFORE she was chosen as McCain's running mate, they'd have a point. But this is all after she has been on the campaign trail. Of course they are going to spend large sums of money on a VP candidates appearance. It's not like she's a multimillionaire spending her own money on $400 haircuts. ;)

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
This thread should have been titled 'Lipsick On A Pig'. McCain is done and part of the reason is Palin.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Ballatician
Originally posted by: Fern
Should blogs be taken with a grain of salt?

I guess nobody here thought it inappropriate to jump on the "OMGz, he carved a "B" on her face" thread.

Do you really think a makeup artist etc is gonna make more money that the campiagn managers and Washinton DC big-wigs running a Presidential campaign? I don't

Fern

Yes blogs should but this is according to campaign finance reports. Also,

Bah. The blog is the one that says it's from the reports.

Hillary paid her staff - Mark Penn far far more money that what we're talking about here. Her campaign is said to still owe millions (range from $2.5M to $10M) to Penn and/or his firm.

Originally posted by: f95toli
Originally posted by: OrByte
IF this is for real and IF this gets snatched up by the news services then its all over

I will be celebrating early.

But right now I'm going to remain reserved.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27364669/
Just because it's on CNN, MSNBC etc doesn't make it real. I'll wait a bit.

If I believed everything first reported in many mainstream news outlets I'd belive:

John McCain's affair

Palin is a member of a sucessionist political party

Palin's baby isn't hers, she's actually the grandmother

Etc. etc.

See bolded

And I'm still having a lot of trouble believing the McCain campaign honchos aren't making more. (Not that I believe they've earned it)

Fern

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
I wonder how much the Obamamessiah is paying his staff of attendants...oh wait we will never hear about that.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: bozack
I wonder how much the Obamamessiah is paying his staff of attendants...oh wait we will never hear about that.

I believe they're paid in kool-aid :p

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

If you ask for information like that you will be accused of not focusing on the issues and to stop worrying about the trivial things.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

If you ask for information like that you will be accused of not focusing on the issues and to stop worrying about the trivial things.

Don't mind the 6 million dollar styrofoam roman column god complex night...

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Out of fairness does anyone know who the highest paid person in the Obama camp is?

I would hope it's the guy who's in charge of the overall campaign strategy, because it's working pretty well and that guy (or girl) deserves a bonus.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Out of fairness does anyone know who the highest paid person in the Obama camp is?

One thing we do know in the Obama camp they buy their own clothes.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: HomerJS
The highest paid staffer should have been Palins tutor.

I thought liberals were supposed to be funny?
I was serious. You guys would have had a better chance.

McCain lost the race, not Palin. The only people that care about the BS that you keep bringing up are the annoying liberals that wouldn't vote for McCain anyways. You really think people care about how much the RNC spent on Palins wardrobe, or how much they pay her make-up artist?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Rainsford

I would hope it's the guy who's in charge of the overall campaign strategy, because it's working pretty well and that guy (or girl) deserves a bonus.

We need more details. Why hasn't Obama released more information on this, what is he trying to hide? This is the important stuff that the Democrats are focusing on this election, he better get with the program.

Edit - That wasn't really directed at you. I know you, and the more sensible Dems/liberals like you, DO actually care about the issues. It's just unfortunate that this board has been taken over by the loonies recently.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

McCain lost the race, not Palin. The only people that care about the BS that you keep bringing up are the annoying liberals that wouldn't vote for McCain anyways. You really think people care about how much the RNC spent on Palins wardrobe, or how much they pay her make-up artist?

Lipstick on a pig.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Dari

Lipstick on a pig.

Muslim racist anti-semite terrorist American hating elitist.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

The people you needed to win this race were the independants. It was never the amount of money but her fake persona was exposed. This was one of a list of things that turned off Inds.