Q About buying a 350z

phreakah

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2002
I'm probably going to be getting a 350Z this month.. and was wondering how cheap you guys think i can get it?

I'm gonna get the base model, which has an Invoice of like 25,350.. Have any of you, from experience or know of a friend/etc, gotten a base z at or under invoice? I recently made the decision on the car, and plan to get it toward the end of the month, but i want to know of personal experiences before i head to dealerships.

thanks for any advice/info

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I honestly recommend getting a G35 coupe instead if you can swing it. Before they came out, I was seriously planning on getting a 350z, but then I test-drove one and discovered that they are less practical than a Miata.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
friend of mine got his black enthusiast (completely optionless) for invoice here in socal. it was a 2005 model 6MT. its pretty nice. he just emailed all the fleet dealers and had them quote him.

i drive a 05 g35 coupe 5AT (bargaing on this did was no where near invoice, but i think i did ok for socal), and well... the 2 cars are for totally different tastes. i mean theres no where to put anything in the 350 , and it doesnt quite have the same sort of sound dampening. the suspension is tighter too (we could really tell on the speedbumps at work, he has 17" rims on his, and i have 18"s and well speedbumps are a completely different feel because of the suspension) and the seats seem lower. an enthusiast one doesn have all that much on it, the touring is more spec'd out. if you care about audio, xenons, vdc and leather and such you might wanna check that out.

it is faster though. also feels like its more in control, and it costs less.

anyhow, they are for different tastes but completely different looks.

phreakah

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2002
i'd definitely get a 2004 if my local dealers have them in stock, i want eitehr black or white... so i'd get a 2004 if they have any of those colors in stock.. but i guess my question is aimed at a 2005. thanks

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Vic
I honestly recommend getting a G35 coupe instead if you can swing it. Before they came out, I was seriously planning on getting a 350z, but then I test-drove one and discovered that they are less practical than a Miata.

:|

;)

Lorn

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
Plan to get screwed at any dealership you go to. It's just a matter of who is going to screw you less. Make sure you ask for rebates and what not, bring in other offers and remember - again - you're going to get screwed.

I don't know if this is the kind of advice you're looking for... but the 350Z is my dream car.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Originally posted by: NOLOVE
I don't know if this is the kind of advice you're looking for... but the 350Z is my dream car.

You need better dreams.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: NOLOVE
Plan to get screwed at any dealership you go to. It's just a matter of who is going to screw you less. Make sure you ask for rebates and what not, bring in other offers and remember - again - you're going to get screwed.

And see, I would rather have a 95-96 300ZX TT than a 350Z. Or get a 72 240Z and fully restore it and mod the sh!t out of it (L28, EFI, turbo, 5 spd, 4-pot brakes, etc.). Just MO. After all the initial hype, I was disappointed by the 350Z when it finally came out.

Actaeon, I love Miatas. My younger brother has a black 94 even (no leather like yours though). Great car... to drive. Can't hardly get even a single bag of groceries in the trunk though.

phreakah

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2002
let's not get into which car is better, since we all have different opinions..

while the 350z isnt my DREAM car, it's a car that i'd really like and can also afford.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
How many times have you test drove the 350Z? Track and Touring models. Looks nice, but too bulky looking.

phreakah

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2002
i've test driven the base and enthusiast models a few times each, and really like how they drive.. i've also driven the g35 MT and though I really enjoyed it, I prefer the feel of the 350z.. i also like the way it looks, and actually like the fact that it's a 2 seater. i don't mind the "lack" of practicality

and although the mitsubishi Evo is a cool car, it's just not the car for me :D

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
Originally posted by: hans007
friend of mine got his black enthusiast (completely optionless) for invoice here in socal. it was a 2005 model 6MT. its pretty nice. he just emailed all the fleet dealers and had them quote him.

i drive a 05 g35 coupe 5AT (bargaing on this did was no where near invoice, but i think i did ok for socal), and well... the 2 cars are for totally different tastes. i mean theres no where to put anything in the 350 , and it doesnt quite have the same sort of sound dampening. the suspension is tighter too (we could really tell on the speedbumps at work, he has 17" rims on his, and i have 18"s and well speedbumps are a completely different feel because of the suspension) and the seats seem lower. an enthusiast one doesn have all that much on it, the touring is more spec'd out. if you care about audio, xenons, vdc and leather and such you might wanna check that out.

it is faster though. also feels like its more in control, and it costs less.

anyhow, they are for different tastes but completely different looks.

i didn't know you can get a 2005 for invoice

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
350Z's are not selling that well so Invoice wouldn;t be a bad place to start but buying a new 2005 car at teh start of the year will leave you with less bargaining power.

Why not go 1yr old an hope for $22K

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
i seriously doubt you could get 22k on a 1 year old one. there arent really any major changes to warrant it.

a new enthusiast is 27000ish invoice. i'd probably get at least an enthusiast if i were you, because you dont get any traction control on the base one.

and yeah the reason it doesnt sell so well, is that its really impracitcal for most people, and theres the whole... if im getting a touring one might as well get a g35 thing.

but yeah invoice is definitely doable, from my friends experience, basically every dealer offered him within 500 of invoice, and 2 offered him invoice. the car has quite a different feel than a g35, it is shorter, lighter, etc. i mean its not even that light, which makes the g35 really not light. it looks pretty damn nice in black. i guess the one thing that makes it look really nice is the 18" rims on the track and performance models... but yeah. enjoy the car, itll be great hopefully you get a great price