PVP is the shiznit

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
I just heard about it yesterday, and started reading the archives for the whole year of 2004, and i've already finished the year! really good stuff.

are there any other comics that are worth checking out? (similar to PVP if possible)

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
penny-arcade is much better. Kurtz is a pretty big douche, who just pisses people off to get publicity IMHO.

That said, I still read PVP. :roll:

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
/me bookmarks the links to applegeeks, userfriendly, and penny-arcade.

i wish there was just a way to download all the comics of everyday, and read them at your leisure, without having to click through the next arrow for every day, and the latest one being downloaded as soon as it's available.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
i thought u were talking about player vs player (massively multiplayer online thing)

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
actually, to tell you the truth: the best so far is PVP. I dno why, but i guess it's just my taste. meh.

Praetor: Webcomics isn't a Windows native program, and is still in testing. Have you tried it? I just formatted my machine recently, and don't wanna install unnecessary stuff, just to have it un-installed. :D

Gothgar

Lifer
Sep 1, 2004
I like Penny Arcade and BOFH best

edit: BOFH really isn't a comic, but funny sarcastic reads for people in IT especially. :p

Praetor

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: logic1485
actually, to tell you the truth: the best so far is PVP. I dno why, but i guess it's just my taste. meh.

Praetor: Webcomics isn't a Windows native program, and is still in testing. Have you tried it? I just formatted my machine recently, and don't wanna install unnecessary stuff, just to have it un-installed. :D

I have it running on my linux server. :D I was able to do away with most of the links on my personal homepage to webcomics thanks to that little program.

On Windows, I've used HTTrack to mirror those sites. I've also used a combination of Firefox + "Download 'em All" to a) download the html pages from their archives and then used a text editor (my favourite is TextPad) to find all the references to the actual images and automatically convert it to a format that GetRight can use. A lot of work, and then you have to manually save the images from that point on.

I have complete archives of PVP, MacHall, AppleGeeks, MegaTokyo, It's Walky! (and Roomies), and Melonpool by doing it like that.

Webcomics Collector just made it so much easier. it automatically downloads new strips everyday, is fairly easy to add new comics to, keeps a user accessible archive, and will display each comic (and only that comic) on a dedicated page. An awesome program. :D

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
is it possible that i can have that archive of PVP?

btw, it's not the issue of downloading the older "episodes", it's just that i don't like clicking....but then again, what other approach is available for a single strip comic book? :D

erm...i think i just contradicted one of my posts.

anyways, the other thing is, i'm at uni, and they have almost everything but port 80 blocked off, so i can't even use anything apart from the Firefox :D

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: PoPPeR
i thought u were talking about player vs player (massively multiplayer online thing)

::reel critically hits PoPPer for 4730 damage. PoPPeR dies.::

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
Originally posted by: ReelC00L

Damn man....you gonna take that sh!t from this guy? Damn ganker!

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: BroeBo
Originally posted by: ReelC00L

Damn man....you gonna take that sh!t from this guy? Damn ganker!

::reel attacks BroeBo. reel misses. reel flees.::