Putney Swope

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I found out you can watch this seminal, gonzo 1969 movie from Robert Downey, Sr., legally, for free. Since that's news to me, and damn good news at that, I'm putting this NEWS here in this forum.

Every derivative youtube pretender is gonzo today, but back then, this movie was a fucking revelation.

All you need to know department:

It was made for something like $120,000. Blacks take over an advertising agency. The movie is in black and white, but the commercials are in color.

My buddy and I walked into a movie theater in the summer of 1969 not knowing dick concerning what we were about to see. I left realizing that, YES!, there may just be a God. :D

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
How I came to find it: I was discussing my enduring love for it with a friend. She lit up and said it was her late husband's favorite movie. He was black (she's white.) She was talking about seeing Jim Clyburn on TV and that he looked terrible. Her husband and her had been friends with Jim and his wife when she was alive. So she called him, only to find out his wife of 58 fucking years had died last September. My friend and her husband had been married 45 years. I've never stuck with anything significant for anywhere near that long.

Watch the damn movie. Don't even try to pretend you've got something better to do.

You can thank me later. :cool: