Putin grants Snowden Russian citizenship

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I feel sorry for the guy. Really stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I mean...I don't know of a single person who even bothered to change their password after his information came out about all of the recording going on. It's like the Panama Papers...governments are recording everything & pulling the strings, rich people are doing naughty things with their money, more news at 11, you know? Everyone gives everything away on social media these days. We all know TikTok is funnel data straight to China, and yet I can't stop watching 60-second video clips on how to cook with my Instapot lol.

Reactions: Leeea

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Going to say just in time for the draft, but...

Snowden would not be subject to the “partial mobilization” announced by Putin since he did not serve in the Russian army, according to his lawyer Anatoly Kucherena, as quoted by Russian state media RIA Novosti on Monday.

• Haha
Reactions: Leeea and Meghan54

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Unpopular opinion, I like Snowden. Self preservation is a powerful motivator. While he has been over there he has spoken out against the Russian regime many times… and not gotten wings on that account.

Assange on the other hand… he deserves a bath in petrol and a match.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Unpopular opinion, I like Snowden. Self preservation is a powerful motivator. While he has been over there he has spoken out against the Russian regime many times… and not gotten wings on that account.

Assange on the other hand… he deserves a bath in petrol and a match.
Yeah, I like him and we need people willing to do what he did. He did go too far, though. I had really hoped that Obama would've given him a deal to come back.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yeah, I like him and we need people willing to do what he did. He did go too far, though. I had really hoped that Obama would've given him a deal to come back.
That's the problem with having a moral compass, some times you will feel compelled to follow it, even at a detriment to yourself. Sure, hindsight, turning over all the cards, he did fuck up. But how can I judge a man that tries to make shit better for everyone else and be pure of heart at that. I mean, I can judge him but I cant hate him.

Reactions: Leeea and Zorba

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Everyone gives everything away on social media these days. We all know TikTok is funnel data straight to China, and yet I can't stop watching 60-second video clips on how to cook with my Instapot lol.
Lots of us out here not doing that too, y'know ;)
My Facebook ad recommendations were terrible until I went and followed The Satanic Temple's page (because I was tired of seeing ads for the Red Cultists and their Glorious Orange Leader), so that's how well their algorithm knew me. I've avoided TikTok like the plague, because, well...

Reactions: Leeea

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Putin please give Trump and Trumpanzees Russian Citizenship so they take their money and politics and go home to where they belong!

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Not trendy, but better than life in US prison. I bet Ed is crapping bricks over Putin regime's likely collapse though.

Reactions: hal2kilo

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Going to spend the rest of his life as a propaganda mouthpiece speaking against the US Gov't and state secrets...

Reactions: hal2kilo

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

I _really_ don't envy his situation. Nothing he's done or said makes me inclined to gloat, however.

Unfortunate he couldn't find anywhere better to take sanctuary. Fleeing the frying pan for the fire.

There aren't many places in the Venn diagram overlap of "not inclined to send you straight back to the US" and "not a more-despotic-and-bullying great power than the one you had to flee".

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
You're comparing posting on AT to TikTok? Pretty flawed IMO, not the same ballpark as FB/TikTok at all.

At this point I've been on ATOT for so long that my memory has started to go & I have to look up old threads to find checklist procedures & recipes that I've posted in the past hahaha