put your hands up and surrender? That gets your shot with bean bags

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
yea sorry about the video guys.

I saw the video on youtube, then searched for a news article on the situation. The article had a still from what I thought was the video and a "play" symbol over it. I just kinda figured that was the video.

Sorry!

No problems, I still would have made an asinine sarcastic remark regardless of the video :)

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
No problems, I still would have made an asinine sarcastic remark regardless of the video :)

oh for sure! I don't mind getting flamed...I mind when I do stupid shit to make it that easy for your inbred ass :p

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Oh damn. If he wasn't following commands, then the bean bags are justified. If he was following commands then that cops needs to be charged with assault.

Any videos out there with a different view angle? Rudeguy looks correct like he had hands up the entire time but was difficult to see what happened right as he got shot. The flashing lights from the police car roof block sightlines for the bottom 2/3rds of his body. I don't really see him "reaching for a knife" but again there's a small possibility that such an action was obscured in the linked video.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I couldn't figure out why the police didn't rush in right after he was shot and was rolling around. Seems you'd want to put the cuffs on before he gathered his wits about him again.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Maybe he was staring daggers at them. :p
lmao +1

I couldn't figure out why the police didn't rush in right after he was shot and was rolling around. Seems you'd want to put the cuffs on before he gathered his NUTS about him again.
Fixed that for you.

Personally I have no problem with establishing a policy requiring a bean bag nutshotting for everyone caught burgling a home or business.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
Wading in with your big boy pants on. If my wife breaks into your house with a knife and resists arrest, then I'd be ecstatic that she was detained by SWAT with only a bean bag whelp. Nice try though.

I prefer a beanbag to a gunshot (where effective), I just don't think because a beanbag isn't a bullet that it's a sarcastic "oh no" small deal. My comment was a way over the top analogy and I apologize to you for that, Subyman. Gotta change my big boy pants now...they appear to have become soiled.