Purchasing Music Online

M0NEYSH0T

Jun 11, 2003
So where do you go to purchase online music? I'd like to do this, but am not hip on downloading some software package, like iTunes as an example...

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: M0NEYSH0T
So where do you go to purchase online music? I'd like to do this, but am not hip on downloading some software package, like iTunes as an example...

AFAIK only Walmart's service does not require you to download service, but all their music is censored so it may not be an option for some. I use Napster to buy downloads occasionaly and like it. I actually like their software too, does all my ripping/tagging/organizing for me.

Torghn

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2001
Originally posted by: z0mb13
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
allofmp3.com

weird if I dont put in the www in the front the site is in russian I think

There is a link in the top left to change it to English. They charge $0.01/MB. You can choose the file format and encoding rate. Typically it's $0.50 per album or somewhere around there depending on how you choose to encode it.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Torghn
allofmp3.com

There is a link in the top left to change it to English. They charge $0.01/MB. You can choose the file format and encoding rate. Typically it's $0.50 per album or somewhere around there depending on how you choose to encode it.

FIFTY CENTS PER ALBUM!?!?!?!?! WTF THATS CHEAP!!! :Q

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Torghn
allofmp3.com

FIFTY CENTS PER ALBUM!?!?!?!?! WTF THATS CHEAP!!! :Q

They actually upped it the other week to $.02/MB so it's a bit more spendy but still the best deal out their imo.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: LuNoTiCK
oh man is this site legal?? its too cheap!

Legality is questionable. It hasn't been proven to be illegial.

so what are chances of me personally getting a lawsuit if I buy music from this site?

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: LuNoTiCK
oh man is this site legal?? its too cheap!

Legality is questionable. It hasn't been proven to be illegial.

so what are chances of me personally getting a lawsuit if I buy music from this site?

Virtually zero. I can't even begin to see how the RIAA could file suit in a case like this and have any chance at winning. This is as safe as it gets imo.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
I hear Limewire is pretty good, and so is the Bittorrent network.

In all seriousness, I may check out that one site. I've never heard of it before and that's too cheap to pass up. Then again, I dunno, on some stuff you can't burn what you download, which is teh gayz0r.