puppies are offensive to muslims

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I would think that this is not applicable to all Muslims.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
First of all, if the Muslims don't like it, they can go back to the middle east. As the saying goes "When in rome.... act like romans do." Thats why we have cultures and different countries. Globalism FTL.

Second, if they don't like it, too bad.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i'm thinking someone needs to find that guy's email address and start sending him cute puppy pictures

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Minneapolis had an issue with cab drivers refusing to carry blind people because the muslims feel dogs are dirty animals.

Muslims also threatened a teachers aid and his dog at a local public school.

Dont these people have better things to do?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
would I be correct in saying that muslims look at dogs the same way us Americans look at sewer rats?

I'm trying to be understanding... :eek:

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
You have extremists that want their host culture to adapt to them vs the other way around.

Nibble away at the edges until you have a good handhold, then you can destroy from within.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
You have extremists that want their host culture to adapt to them vs the other way around.

Nibble away at the edges until you have a good handhold, then you can destroy from within.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: brandonb
First of all, if the Muslims don't like it, they can go back to the middle east. As the saying goes "When in rome.... act like romans do." Thats why we have cultures and different countries. Globalism FTL.

Muslims are usually not from the M.E
Not even close.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
^ Haha, I see the forums are slow for somebody else too. A triple post?

Fern

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah and some Christians don't like Tinky-Winky. The lesson here? Some people are idiots.

Feb 6, 2007
That's a ridiculously cute dog. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. I'm tolerant of people's religious beliefs (tolerant, not accepting; key difference), but come on, to be offended by a puppy? Grow the fuck up.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Aimster
50 bucks says they are from Saudi Arabia

I don't care where they are from.. I hope they go back and die on their soil.. Don't try to bring ANY of that SHIT here

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
'They (the police) should have understood. Since then, the police have explained that it was an oversight on their part, and that if they'd seen it was going to cause upset they wouldn't have done it.'

'We did not seek advice from the force's diversity adviser prior to publishing and distributing the postcards. That was an oversight and we apologise for any offence caused.'

And the apologies begin. I am so sick of this crap.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005

I'm wondering if there was a card distributed with an upside down pentagram within a circle and Christians were outraged if you would be so quick to tell them "too bad" and "When in Rome...act like romans do"?

Originally posted by: dahunan

I don't care where they are from.. I hope they go back and die on their soil.. Don't try to bring ANY of that SHIT here

Or maybe you would share these sentiments and tell the Christians to "go back and die on their soil".

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong

I'm wondering if there was a card distributed with an upside down pentagram within a circle and Christians were outraged if you would be so quick to tell them "too bad" and "When in Rome...act like romans do"?

Or maybe you would share these sentiments and tell the Christians to "go back and die on their soil".

in rome I don't think they'd distribute pentagrams.

I could see the muslims getting pissed if this happened in a muslim ruled country, but it is not.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK

in rome I don't think they'd distribute pentagrams.

I could see the muslims getting pissed if this happened in a muslim ruled country, but it is not.

We are not a Christian ruled country.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
This isn't happening "here"

There is a major difference between the immigrants the U.S takes in than what Europe takes in.

U.S has requirements. Education & Money are on the top.

Europe takes in anyone who can fill in their jobs. These jobs are usually minimum wage.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006

You know those little fish on the bumpster stickers with a cross in it. The Jesus symbol thingy.

We have someone at work here that has the fish in flames that says "Satan" in the middle of it.

Do I care? No... If they want to be an idiot, thats their choice. I just know who to stay away from.

And we are a Christian nation. 95% of the people here consider themselves Christian? So according to our culture, people should act like Christians do. (don't giggle, I realize most people here don't act like Christians...)

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

If cards with upside down pentagrams were common in the country I was in, then yes I would tell Christians "when in Rome".

Maybe I don't get it because I am simply not religious but puppies being offensive in the US????? Give me a break.