punched a small hole in the wall...how to fix?

Croton

Banned
Jan 18, 2000
my fist made a dent in the wall.

how do i fix it? its my friend's apt, so i have to fix it before she moves out or she'll get charged for it.

it's not a huge dent. it's about a quarter-sized dent. i guess my middle knuckle protruded into the wall.

thanks for your help!!!!!

d0ofy

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Pick up some spackle at your local home depot, and small can of matching paint. Apply spackle to wall, let dry, then paint over it. It should be concealed enough by then.

If its just a dent and you cant like see through the dry wall, just fill it in with spackle.

If its like through th wall, then you need to get a piece to fit inside, and then fill inthe hole totally.

1967mustangman

May 31, 2001
If it is a smooth wall you need to sand and sand and sand untill the wall looks smooth again. It will be hard, but when you get the paint on it it will look horrible if it is not perfectly smooth!

RossGr

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2000
You have been told how to fix it. My advise is to quit punching walls! Very bad habit. You get carried way sometime and connect with a stud you could break a hand. Just don't, it's a dumb thing to do.

Thats why you remember where the studs are and consistantly punch one area. ;)

colossus

Lifer
Dec 2, 2000

<< You have been told how to fix it. My advise is to quit punching walls! Very bad habit. You get carried way sometime and connect with a stud you could break a hand. Just don't, it's a dumb thing to do. >>

Yeah now you tell me :)

In HS my stress release after bad tests was coming home and putting my fist through the drywall in my closet. This was all fine for the first 31 punches. On number 32 I got a little to excited and missed!

Yep, mr 2x4 was right there. Took out my 4rth metacarpal. Hurt like a SOB! Anyway, moral of story is don't punch walls unless you know exactly where the beams, electric boxes, pipes....

If the hole is connecting (you broke through the drywall, you would have to buy some plaster mesh (cheap) and plaster over it so the plaster doesn't get sucked into the hole. Then sand if off and repaint with same roller type. Have fun :)

GoldenGuppy

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000
Toothpaste.... really, I read it in MEN'S HEALTH - it works... assuming the size of your knuckle isn't like a foot wide!

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
clean the area first.

spackle or dry wall mud would work fine.

apply the appropriate texture (sand, whatever...) and paint.