pulled over for having dirty car

johnjosh

Banned
Dec 13, 2003
one of my friend got pulled over yesterday and after asking cop why he pulled her over he said because you are car is to dirty. Is there a law that says how clean your car must be? i told her he probably pulled her over to check her dl and just made up about the car being dirty. She also said he gave her verbal warning. Btw this happen in socal

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
If the dirt is obstructing the vehicle's lighting, then yes. Also if the vehicle is smoking or leaking fluids.

ZV

Garion

Platinum Member
Apr 23, 2001
It's possible that the car was so dirty that the license place couldn't be read or that the rear lights weren't visible enough. There are definitely laws which govern things like that. Probably legal.

- G

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Also if it covers the rear window and you don't have mirrors on both sides.

johnjosh

Banned
Dec 13, 2003
it's very possible that her plates were really dirty as she went off roading a day before getting pulled over.

Jan 31, 2002
Impaired lighting or visibility is a no-no. Clear your plate, mirrors, and lights all around.
But just a "dirty car" is fine. Only person you're harming is yourself.

- M4H

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
The law fors dirt not to exist. BUT. If plates on the back are cover for mud, or. OR the mirrors cannot be seen with the eye in reflection, then cop will pull over.

johnjosh

Banned
Dec 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Dacalo
Wow, the condition of the car must have been pretty bad

it must have been as this is the first person that i personally know off that got pulled over for that and that is the reason why i thought it was bogus reason

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
If it is caked with mud wet or dry and clods are dropping on the road, that CAN be a
citation. This is in addition to what has already be posted.

From my years in trucking, the only two things that can fall on the road, from any vehicle
in Cali are, feathers from live birds(in transit) or potable water.

EDIT: Spelling:eek:

jurzdevil

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002
if dirt is falling off the car then its a problem.

i know its illegal to drive with snow or ice on your car in nj.

AntaresVI

Platinum Member
May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
The law fors dirt not to exist. BUT. If plates on the back are cover for mud, or. OR the mirrors cannot be seen with the eye in reflection, then cop will pull over.

uhhh...drunk much?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
English version?
;)

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
LOL!...

Are you high, Skoorby? ;)

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Eli
LOL!...

Are you high, Skoorby? ;)

probably just drunk. lol.

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: deftron
Did the cop have a bald head, earrings, white eyebrows, and a white T-shirt and pants?

:music: Mr. CLean, Mr. Clean... :music:

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
I think you can get a ticket in some places for having a lot of snow on you car also.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Jhill
I think you can get a ticket in some places for having a lot of snow on you car also.

Yeah, that happened to me in Miami... damn Vice bastards.