Public Survey on the Federal Reserve and the Banking/SPM Crisis

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I say bail them all out and let our children foot the bill.

NaughtyGeek

Golden Member
May 3, 2005
I think it's a much more complicated issue than any of us give it credit for. However, in my "simple" mind, it's a freaking free market economy and any business should be allowed to fail. I'm not convinced that these institutions failing is a greater detriment to me and the rest of the tax paying population than being saddled with their losses. The economy will suffer either way and I see no reason to put the American taxpayer further in debt to people that made the freaking money out of thin air in the first place. You can get as technical in your description of our banking system as you want, but you can never convince me that someone should make interest off of money that didn't exist before it was lent.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
The sad part is no one gives a shit about what any of us think. The rich are not going to get screwed on this and they will be helped out so that they won't take too bad of a beating.

I also say let the whole thing collapse. If you print up money to help the "POOR" rich idiots this is certainly not "helping" the problem any... I don't see the feds bailing out business that are failing now.

A bank is just a business they took out risky loans and made a crap load of money doing so and so did their investors. Let em fail and sell off the buildings just like any other business would do.

Tho, the big picture is, these banks hold millions of IOU's (property titles) with notes that people signed that they agreed to pay back with interest. So... If the bank did fail it would be a FIRE storm of sell off of the notes and speculators not to mention "OTHER" banks would be trying to buy them up for 10% face value.

I'm not sure how that would play but it would be interesting. I am sure there is more to it then that, think how much really valuable records they have on people. Oh well. I'd hate to see what is really in their databases. Probably shocking.