Psychological Thriller Movie Suggestions

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
Session 9 is one of my favorite movies. It's not your typical "Freddy" or Ring type of thriller.

What are some movies that are similiar to Session 9? Basically, movies that make you go "Well holy $hit" after you are done watching it?

WildHorse

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2003
Didn't catch Session 9, but
the phrase "psychological thriller" connotes old Alfred Hitchcock flicks like Psycho, North by Northwest, The Birds, Vertigo, Notorious, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Rear Window, plenty more, he was a prolific director.

Go for the oldie originals though, some in b&w, not the more modern remakes.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
If you mean movies wher eyou had no idea wtf is really goign on... Watch The Game. That movie was really well done.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Session 9 has one of the creepiest covers I've ever seen. Been a while since I've seen the movie, but I remember it being pretty decent.

Super56K

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2004
Originally posted by: scott
Didn't catch Session 9, but
the phrase "psychological thriller" connotes old Alfred Hitchcock flicks like Psycho, North by Northwest, The Birds, Vertigo, Notorious, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Rear Window, plenty more, he was a prolific director.

Go for the oldie originals though, some in b&w, not the more modern remakes.

Some other good ones are Dial "M" For Murder, Strangers on a Train, The Lady Vanishes, Suspicion, etc. Don't let their age turn you away. Hitchcock was a master at making movies.

Roman Polanski is another good director for psychological thrillers. Repulsion, The Tenant, and Rosemary's Baby are all great films.

krotchy

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
I second The Game and The Machinist for sure, although the machinist's ending was much more believable than The Games, but the Game is still a great movie.

(ok someone had to say this)

If you want to see a movie that will really mess with your head psychologically, Showgirls, terrifying :p