Nov 26, 2005
I recently purchased an EVGA SuperNova T2 1k watt. Saturday the 20th is my last day to return it. I am impressed by the Seasonic Prime 750w. I've been comparing the 750w Prime with my old Seasonic X650w Gold 09' model for a swap. I was considering purchasing the Prime to swap for the old 650w. I could return the EVGA psu and save ~ 75$ and just use the Prime in place of the EVGA, and settle with keeping the old trusty Seasonic X650w, or I could keep the EVGA in my gaming rig and do like I was originally thinking. A couple of caveats for the Prime in my gaming rig are one, the 12v CPU cables would be a little short vs the EVGA cable length, and two I would be pushing the PSU if I were to ever go dual GPU.

I feel I am going to be purchasing this PSU either way, the question is should I return the EVGA and save 75$ and get a little better PSU (i'm a total nut for PSUs) or do I just replace an already great PSU on a daily X58 rig that sees no heavy duty usage (avg watt drawl 110w) but would benefit from better efficiency and welcome better regulation???

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
neither of your rigs need a 1000 watt psu.

in fact i'd wager most systems these days don't.

Nov 26, 2005
neither of your rigs need a 1000 watt psu.

in fact i'd wager most systems these days don't.

You're probably right. That leaves me to rethink things over. Maybe the Prime 750w is the better option. But someone was talking about the transient response performance between the two which I'm not familiar with. Apparently it's worse on the Prime than the Supernova and that's something important with gaming? I've never heard of that, frankly it sounds like the person is pulling my leg.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
You're splitting hairs. All the PSUs you mentioned are good. You're debating between a Mercedes and a BMW at this point.