Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy

Cellulose

May 14, 2007
"There are some important caveats about this free version of the game which should be disclosed but aren't by any of the websites like Filefront which are distributing it. First, this release of the game has Double Fusion's advertising and tracking software embedded in it. Second, even though this is a single-player game, it always requires an active Internet connection to play. There is no offline play. Third, the game can't be played from just any country (IP address). I'm not certain if it is just limited to U.S. IP addresses or not, but there is an error message screen that notes that the game isn't playable in some countries. Finally, the ability to play this game may be terminated at some point in the future by the publisher. Similar free games supported by the same advertising and activation scheme released in the recent past have already had their "plugs pulled." So if you want to play the game, do it soon."

A filefront comment worth noting.

But still, thanks, Im going to DL it anyways (looks like a decent game) :)

CelSnip

Jun 27, 2006
I think the free version of Far Cry continued to work even after the game could no longer be downloaded.

Thanks, I'll probably download it sometime.

ronach

Oct 9, 1999
Anybody find the manual for this game ? It seems to have only checkpoint saving as well..as opposed to saving anywhere. I am still working on mastering the TK function..it appears to be klunky.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
i remember this game. really fun. the hardest part was standing on a block, and using TK to move yourself to different places. even after you lock the view, it's a bit hard.