PSA: Uplay breach?

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Seems there is some kind of a breach @ Uplay, so, change those passwords ASAP.

There are a ton of accounts with full info + games posted on a forum in Russia.
I won't post the forum in question, but, it is out there.

example info:
*-----xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com:xxxxxxxx-----*
Двухфакторная авторизация: False
Steam: False | Psn: False | Xbox: False
Игры в количестве 14:
Champions of Anteria PC
Far Cry® Primal PC
Might & Magic® Heroes® 7 PC
Assassin's Creed® Chronicles: China PC
The Crew™ PC
Far Cry® 4 PC
Assassin's Creed® Rogue PC
WATCH_DOGS™ PC
Might & Magic® X Legacy PC
Splinter Cell Blacklist PC
Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon PC
Far Cry® 3 PC
Assassin's Creed® III PC
Might and Magic Heroes VI PC
Прокси для входа в аккаунт: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Reactions: HitAnyKey

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
This is one of the many problems with DRM and the lunatic push for everything to be in the cloud.

Virtually every game these days needs a "client" to run, yet there's no accountability on their part when something goes wrong.

As usual it's the paying customer that's punished. Meanwhile the pirates aren't affected.

HitAnyKey

Oct 4, 2013
Thanks OP for the heads up. Logged into the management portal and trying to change my password but the site is lagging out. I will try again later.

Update: I sent an email to AccountSupport@ubi.com asking for a password reset

Last edited:

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Would surprise me if ubi saved unencrypted passwords. As far as I can tell that company has one of the lamest solutions.

Ok a quick search indicates that they are encrypted but it doesn't mention salted. I still feel this is one of the worse companies ever and haven't purchased a game from them in years; though i keep getting free ones when I upgrade my video card.

Last edited:

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I swear to god. I can never log in their damn site. Every freaking time I get a login error. It doesn't even help to use another browser.

Thanks for the heads up though. It's a shame I can't do anything about it like change my password :mad:

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Is this really a thing?
I just googled "uplay data breach", and something from 2013 came up but nothing newer.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Like I said, a ton of accounts were posted on a forum, dunno why Uplay hasn't said anything.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Seems to me if there was a breach, there would be e-mails going out and someone would have said something. A security breach isn't something that can just be ignored and everyone will be cool with it.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Seems to me if there was a breach, there would be e-mails going out and someone would have said something. A security breach isn't something that can just be ignored and everyone will be cool with it.

You have way more faith in ubisoft than anyone i know.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I have no faith in Ubisoft at all, but if this was really a recent breach and not a dump of data from the 2013 breach then I'd expect to see it on the front pages of sites like Kotaku and ArsTechnica.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
You have way more faith in ubisoft than anyone i know.
It has nothing to do with Ubisoft. Do you honestly think any of the thousands of people with accounts through Ubisoft wouldn't at least clear their throat if they thought their e-mail/password were leaked? Hell, CDPR sent out e-mails within minutes of learning an abandoned CDPR forum was breached and that's just a developer with no digital distribution like Ubisoft.