PSA: Undercover congressional report: PORKED

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I've seen a few out takes from this and WOW it really looks good. He talks about the billions of dollars that go into congresses pockets via pork barrel spending.

Sat @ 8pm EST on Fox.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I want two easy things

PORK = Felony Theft... any pork rider will be an instant conviction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO Lobbying behind closed doors.. Lobbyists can only meet politicians in Town Hall settings

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: dahunan
I want two easy things

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO Lobbying behind closed doors.. Lobbyists can only meet politicians in Town Hall settings

Can we afford the un=employment costs for all the lobbyists that this would effect?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
That is the absolute beauty of a government for sale. If you or I sell, a car, a boat or a house, its ceases to be ours and hence we can't sell it again. But a government can be sold and resold ad infinitum, by the people in charge. Throw the existing rascals out and then more blackmail money is required to the new set of rascals in charge. But if anyone thinks Ron Paul will change anything, they too are deluded. Good Ole Ron takes all the pork he can get also.

If we are going to drive the money changers out of the Washington temple, we will first have to change our supreme court who have said money is free speech. And then laws against lobbying will become possible. Best of luck getting politicians addicted to pork to pass anti pork laws.

Money is the mother's milk of politics, lobbyist pay and public donations lag so badly to the point of not even being in the arena where the game is played.

Net result, we have the best government money can buy.

hellod9

Sep 16, 2007
2007 earmarks total: $10.4 billion
Estimated Total Iraq War cost: 1.2 Trillion

The estimated cost of the Iraq war could pay for 115 years of earmarks.

hellod9

Sep 16, 2007
2007 earmarks total: 10.4 Billion
2007 US Budget total: 2.77 trillion

Percentage of budget going to earmarks: 0.38%

Percentage of budget not going to earmarks: 99.62%

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Lemon law
That is the absolute beauty of a government for sale. If you or I sell, a car, a boat or a house, its ceases to be ours and hence we can't sell it again. But a government can be sold and resold ad infinitum, by the people in charge. Throw the existing rascals out and then more blackmail money is required to the new set of rascals in charge. But if anyone thinks Ron Paul will change anything, they too are deluded. Good Ole Ron takes all the pork he can get also.

If we are going to drive the money changers out of the Washington temple, we will first have to change our supreme court who have said money is free speech. And then laws against lobbying will become possible. Best of luck getting politicians addicted to pork to pass anti pork laws.

Money is the mother's milk of politics, lobbyist pay and public donations lag so badly to the point of not even being in the arena where the game is played.

Net result, we have the best government money can buy.

Although I agree with your points, theyre off.

Originally posted by: Lemon law
If we are going to drive the money changers out of the Washington temple, we will first have to change our supreme court

Actually it can be done in 2 election cycles at most. Last time I checked dollars dont vote.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy
I want two easy things

Can we afford the un=employment costs for all the lobbyists that this would effect?
No need. We can always puree them into a cheap slurry for animal feed. That way they can actually benefit society.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The Jeff7 solution to unemployed lobbyists is-------No need. We can always puree them into a cheap slurry for animal feed. That way they can actually benefit society.

Are you nuts, can you imagine all the free prions that would then eaten by dumb and unsuspecting livestock, after all, its the suspected cause of mad cow disease.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I want two easy things

Damn! You'd have to put bush and cheney in jail for life if we did that!!!!

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy
I want two easy things

Can we afford the prison bill? We'd have to let out all the stoners and dope growers out so we could make enough room for them all!

Your corrupted tax dollars @ work!

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: ericlp
I want two easy things

Damn! You'd have to put bush and cheney in jail for life if we did that!!!!

Can you link a bill that contains pork authored by either? I'll paypall you $100 if you can.

Thanks for playing have a nice day.