PSA to gun advocates: They won't save you from the Aryan Brotherhood

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 16, 2000
OP, you're an ignorant troll with your head up your ass. Shall we now list for you the 100,000 to 2,500,000 persons who DID successfully defend themselves using firearms last year? Well, not really list, but cite research evidence.

Will it ALWAYS work? Of course not. Nothing always anything. Without it, however, you have next to no options other than bending over.

sourn

Dec 26, 2012
OMG a gun didn't save this guy. Neither did the police or any other type of protection. Go figure. Shit happens, and you use this as a anti-gun propaganda. Seriously are you fucking retarded.

Wither I fail, succeed, or even need a gun to defend myself the first place. I'd much rather have one then not.

As far as that other shit that spewed of shit hole of yours. People that are gonna commit suicide will. If they don't have a gun they will find another means.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Like I said I before the real issue here is right wing terrorism in America. Right wing terrorists pose a more significant threat to America than Islamic terrorists.

Here is an excellent article on it.

There are four revealing stories to be gleaned from the Aggrieved Conservative Backlash™ to an exhaustive and sober new West Point Combating Terrorism Center report on “Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right.” (For a more grass roots-y look at how hysterical and viral that backlash is, see some choice tweets here.)

The 148-page report says anti-federalists “espouse strong convictions regarding the federal government, believing it to be corrupt and tyrannical, with a natural tendency to intrude on individuals’ civil and constitutional rights. Finally, they support civil activism, individual freedoms, and self government. Extremists in the anti-federalist movement direct most their violence against the federal government and its proxies in law enforcement.”

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/22/right_wing_terrorism_is_real/

f3279fb7adf809f8daacfba0eb1c48ed_626x331.jpg

Last edited:

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
PSA to gun advocates: They won't save you from the Aryan Brotherhood[/url]

Food for thought.

PSA to Free Speech advocates: Saying "no" won't save you from a determined rapist.

PSA to Fifth Amendment advocates: Exercising your right to not self-incriminate won't save you from being convicted if you're guilty.

Wheeeee! It's so much fun exercising this line of "logic".

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
You go to a pro-gun blog for your facts on gun statistics? Hmmm. Notice the chart isn't signed off by any official organization or agency - I'm guessing it was probably created on MS Paint. The blogger doesn't give his real name. And nowhere on the site are links to CDC and FBI statistics offered.

Do you really believe that source is unbiased and accurate?

I'm not sure what you mean. I asked you a question, and I'm waiting for a response that addresses my question. Does asking questions for clarification and expecting a forthcoming reply make one stupid in your view?

There are no official stats on defensive gun use

I wonder why the government(who is always trying to control the 2A) wouldnt be collecting and publishing said data :ninja:

as for his other statement, suicides by gun in 2012 were roughly 11K

thats why left wing leaning reports state 30K gun deaths in the US and are 'accurate' while pro 2A reports state ~20K gun 'homicides' in the US and are correct. ~30K gun deaths, ~11k suicides, no real known info on the rest besides accidents, which are generally lumped in with homicides

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
I'm not sure what you mean. I asked you a question, and I'm waiting for a response that addresses my question. Does asking questions for clarification and expecting a forthcoming reply make one stupid in your view?

Yes, in your case it does, since my statements were pretty clear.

For instance, I said the government kills through wars, and you asked for clarification if that meant the military. As if there's any question as to whether or not the U.S. military is involved in war fighting and killing.

Again, this is pretty stupid.

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
Yes, in your case it does, since my statements were pretty clear.

For instance, I said the government kills through wars, and you asked for clarification if that meant the military. As if there's any question as to whether or not the U.S. military is involved in war fighting and killing.

Again, this is pretty stupid.

You're not too bright, are you?

Again, your original statement was:

The U.S. government kills far more people with their guns than the American people do with theirs.

And I asked you to clarify, clearly and numerous times, with questions such as:

Are you referring to anyone employed by the US government killing any person on Earth

and

are you talking about specific parts of government and specific types of people?

Why is it so hard for you to answer a question directly? What are you scared of? Just answer the question, maybe, or I have to conclude that you are nothing more than a troll who posts statements and numbers that are pure fiction.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
PSA to Free Speech advocates: Saying "no" won't save you from a determined rapist.

PSA to Fifth Amendment advocates: Exercising your right to not self-incriminate won't save you from being convicted if you're guilty.

Wheeeee! It's so much fun exercising this line of "logic".

Lol OP owned

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
More people shoot and kill their friends, family members, other people by accident in the US than they shoot assailants in self defense in the US. Even more people also commit suicide by firearm than the above.

What does that tell you, that you need even more guns so even more people can get accidentally killed, or kill themselves? You'd think numbers on gun deaths - of all kinds, not only self defense - being many, many, many multiples higher in the US than any other western nation should teach you people a thing or two.

...Not that facts ever convinced any gun nut in the history of ever though, but one has to keep trying. ;)

So.. do we ban cars because so many people have accidents? Or do we just continue to regulate the market, and educate against misuse?

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
You're not too bright, are you?

I'm bright enough to know you seem to have serious reading comprehension problems.

Here's my answer is post #18 of the thread:

Yes, the U.S. government and its agents kill far more people, both domestically and abroad, than U.S. citizens do. Add up all the wars, all the sanctions, all the occupations, all the drone strikes, and all the other attacks, and the numbers aren't even close.

Do you see the word 'wars'? Who primarily fights wars, especially abroad? The U.S. military does. Duh.

So why would you ask me if that includes the military?

Seriously, answer the question, are you stupid?

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
I'm bright enough to know you seem to have serious reading comprehension problems.

Here's my answer is post #18 of the thread:

Do you see the word 'wars'? Who primarily fights wars, especially abroad? The U.S. military does. Duh.

So why would you ask me if that includes the military?

Seriously, answer the question, are you stupid?

You said "The US fights in wars" which is a statement that is obvious to anybody but does not answer my question at all, which was: "Which part of government exactly, and what people are you referring to?" You just don't know how to answer a simple question, it's like your brain is the density of a hot air balloon.

"The US government kills more people with guns than it's citizens." You'll need to be more specific.

Again, be more specific.

Again, one more time, just in case you really don't understand:

BE MORE SPECIFIC.

Is that registering in that little noggin of yours, the request I mentioned to "be more specific"? Do you understand English, do you understand the way a question and answer works? Are you capable of formulating a direct response to a query as posed by others beside yourself?

I get it, you are a first class troll.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
What reason does the OP claim that the murders were committed by the Aryan Brotherhood? It's far more likely that they were committed by Mexican drug cartels armed with Obama's Fast N Furious guns.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
There are no official stats on defensive gun use

I wonder why the government(who is always trying to control the 2A) wouldnt be collecting and publishing said data :ninja:

as for his other statement, suicides by gun in 2012 were roughly 11K

thats why left wing leaning reports state 30K gun deaths in the US and are 'accurate' while pro 2A reports state ~20K gun 'homicides' in the US and are correct. ~30K gun deaths, ~11k suicides, no real known info on the rest besides accidents, which are generally lumped in with homicides
Well after his complaint about the source I searched for other sources but it became too complicated to post all the information. The jist of it was that defensive gun uses are significantly more common than accidental gun deaths. Also suicides actually account for something like 60% of gun deaths. And statistics show owning a gun puts you more at risk of committing suicide as the longer it takes someone to commit suicide, the more time they have to talk themselves out of it.

So.. do we ban cars because so many people have accidents? Or do we just continue to regulate the market, and educate against misuse?

But you have a large swath of the public who say that regulating the market or even educating is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
What reason does the OP claim that the murders were committed by the Aryan Brotherhood? It's far more likely that they were committed by Mexican drug cartels armed with Obama's Fast N Furious guns.

Well, first this DA had been instrumental in taking down a large portion of a violent Aryan Brotherhood gang. Second, interesting thing about those Fast and Furious guns is that the reason they ended up in the hands of the cartels is because of weak gun laws that made it near impossible to prosecute a lot of the straw buyers. Then again I know this because I educated myself by reading dozens and dozens of pages of information on Fast and Furious, how many right wing blogs on it did you read?

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012

If you try really, really hard, you might figure that one out.

*hint* its in the article I linked in the 1st post *shhhh don't tell*

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
I get it, you are a first class troll.

I only seem like a troll because you are so incredibly stupid.

Me: The U.S. government kills lots of people.

You: But, uh, which part of the government?

Me: The entire government, in general.

You: But, uh, which part of the government?

Me: The military, for instance.

You: I'm still confused. Who specifically in the government kills lots of people? Are you saying the military kills lots of people?

Me: Didn't I just say that?

You: Can you clarify what you mean?

Me: I just did.

You: But I'm still confused!