PSA: Septerra Core is $10 at Newegg.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
http://www.newegg.com/Product/...x?Item=N82E16832720015

For those of you who never played it I think it may be the best 10 bucks you ever spent.

I wont even go into how good it is.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/comput...oswin/home/190118.html
http://www.gamerankings.com/pc...the-creator/index.html

A lot of sites gave it mediocre reviews, but thats from people who think Doom 3 was the greatest thing ever.
I suggest you find out for yourself.

Would have posted this in Hot Deals but its older and wasnt popular when it came out, so 10 dollars is about right.

Also, Newegg has quite a few good titles in their 1-10 dollar catergory. I think you folks should skim through and see if you like anything.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
I'm not sure I'd recommend Septerra Core to anybody.

It's little more then a solid example of how an interesting premise can be completely destroyed by poor execution.
Or, in septerra core's case, by wasting the player's time with ludicrously slow 'combat'

ultimahwhat

Aug 13, 2008
fwiw, this game will also be offered by gog.com in the near future for $5.99. i guess the advantage here would be guaranteed compatibility in xp/vista.

Text

it briefly caught my eye; maybe i'll look into it when they start offering it for download

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: ultimahwhat
fwiw, this game will also be offered by gog.com in the near future for $5.99. i guess the advantage here would be guaranteed compatibility in xp/vista.

Text

it briefly caught my eye; maybe i'll look into it when they start offering it for download

:heart: GOG

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I still have this one on disk.

I'll probably buy it from GoG when they release it.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Raduque
I still have this one on disk.

I'll probably buy it from GoG when they release it.

+1

I think I got this at a dollar store along with SHOGO MADD in a 2-pack cardboard sleeve a few years ago. Fun game FWIW.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I bought the game back in either 99 or 2000. I thought it was a good game. It played well in Vista x64. If I remember correctly I had to change something in Quicktime to get the movies to play right. I wish I could remember what it was. Another reason I should have created a blog for all these game installs.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
ALSO:

I just picked up the Unreal Anthology for $9.99. Thats an awesome bargain even if you already have most/all the games.
Its everything on 1 DVD with a single code and it all installs at the same time. UT2004 even includes the first Editors expansion pack. Now all I have to do is install the Community Expansion Packs and I'm set.

I'll keep my old copies for backup but this was too darn convenient to pass up.

Final Plea: Try Unreal 2 again. Maybe it wasnt as much fun as the original but its still a darn good game.

Got Quake Wars for $5.99, which is kind of funny if you think about it.
Will play and let you know what I think.

SWEET JESUS!
I'm glad I have 31 MBit cable. I forgot about all the insane downloading required in UT. I had to get 100 megs worth of crap before I could play my first match.
I also forgot what its like to be owned by the leet haxors: Embarassing.
10 deaths in 30 seconds.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
This game is $2.99 on GoG...recommendations? I haven't yet bought a game from there but their site puffs them up as having made the games work on Win 7.

nanobreath

May 14, 2008
This game is $2.99 on GoG...recommendations? I haven't yet bought a game from there but their site puffs them up as having made the games work on Win 7.

GoG is a great resource for older games. So far the games I have form them have had no problem running on current OS and hardware. If your only concern is whether or not it runs, don't hesitate to buy from GoG.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
OH MY GOD THATS FUCKING HILARIOUS!!

No wait, its not.

I renew my previous objections: Theres a bug early on that keeps you from getting deeper into the game.
Sucks.

Is it one that stops you completely, at random, only if you make certain decisions, or what?

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003

Glad to see it made it onto GoG. Still have the dollar store copy I snagged a few years ago. FWIW, the GoG copy of Shogo MADD did not fix the KB and mouse assignment issues I was having under Windows 7.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Is it one that stops you completely, at random, only if you make certain decisions, or what?

No its a quest bug.
A girl asks you to get something for her before she will allow access to an area, but when you go to get it the item or the person holding the item isnt there. Its kinda well known. Restarting the game doesnt help. There is no official patch for it.
And it pretty much ends the game, unless you wanna fight random monsters forever in the previous area.

-Slacker-

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2010
I hate turn-based jrpgs in general, but I remember liking this one... Haven't finished it though.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
No its a quest bug.
A girl asks you to get something for her before she will allow access to an area, but when you go to get it the item or the person holding the item isnt there. Its kinda well known. Restarting the game doesnt help. There is no official patch for it.
And it pretty much ends the game, unless you wanna fight random monsters forever in the previous area.

So no one has finished the game?

You don't list any way to not encounter it.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Welp, got it so I don't miss the $2.99 sale. It downloaded in seconds and loaded up and started fine. Not going to play it right now though, just as with steam games.

I wish GoG would have a general sale though so I could get Freespace 2 and F/A 18 Hornet from DI.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
So no one has finished the game?

You don't list any way to not encounter it.

Its part of the main quest. The game is mostly linear like Final Fantasy. You HAVE to talk to the girl at some point to go on to the next area.

And the reason you dont see a lot on the internet about this bug is the game is so unpopular that not many people discuss it.