PSA -Sapphire Reserve with 100K points bonus, LAST CHANCE is Saturday 3/11 at branch...

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'd call them. They probably want more information about your business financials. Amex gives zero fucks about business info when applying and approving (although they'l talk your ear off when activating) but Chase has gotten stingier.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/credit-cards/credit-card-reconsideration-line-telephone-numbers/
From those other links posted above by Rossman, they all say to wait and call after you are declined, not while it's pending. So if I get declined I will give them a call.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
From those other links posted above by Rossman, they all say to wait and call after you are declined, not while it's pending. So if I get declined I will give them a call.

Interesting. I see the common reaction for this card has changed. There are some cards where if you don't call and get denied thats it - the recon line can't overturn it.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
I have no idea why I can't get these bad attempts at images to go away...

Anyway, here is a Chase recon flow chart from Reddit:

https://imgur.com/a/oXlPW
oXlPW

oXlPW

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Welp as an update, I received my Chase Ink Business Preferred card in the mail today lol.

It actually says "INDIE MOBILE APP DEVELOPER" on the card too. 80k more CUR bonus points here I come!

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Welp as an update, I received my Chase Ink Business Preferred card in the mail today lol.

It actually says "INDIE MOBILE APP DEVELOPER" on the card too. 80k more CUR bonus points here I come!

Congrats. My Chase SW apps were declined because I was 10/24 oops.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Congrats. My Chase SW apps were declined because I was 10/24 oops.
You mean 5/24 lol? Or damn is your wife also 5/24 with you?

I plan to get the 2 SW cards in my wifes name and start spending Jan 1st of next year. Her companion pass runs out after 2017 so I'll be her companion for the next 2 years. We're going to Aruba in November for a week and it's going to cost us like $160 in taxes thanks to my CUR and companion pass.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
You mean 5/24 lol? Or damn is your wife also 5/24 with you?

I plan to get the 2 SW cards in my wifes name and start spending Jan 1st of next year. Her companion pass runs out after 2017 so I'll be her companion for the next 2 years. We're going to Aruba in November for a week and it's going to cost us like $160 in taxes thanks to my CUR and companion pass.

Nope I meant 10/24, I thought I was at 4/24 or maybe 5/24 - yeah I was off by a lot. Since I won't be eligible for any good Chase cards for a while, next year this time my wife will apply for both Southwest cards.

Speaking of credit card churning have you heard of the new BOFA 2/3/4 rule?
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/http...credit-card-approvals-contribute-data-points/

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Nope I meant 10/24, I thought I was at 4/24 or maybe 5/24 - yeah I was off by a lot.

lol - just a tad. I keep a spreadsheet which helps when places like Amex implement the "1 per lifetime" (which really seems to be once ever 7 years) or Citi's open\close same family card in last 24 months

Speaking of credit card churning have you heard of the new BOFA 2/3/4 rule?
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/http...credit-card-approvals-contribute-data-points/

Since they did away with the Merril Lynch card I don't think this affects more than the heavy Alaska card churners since thats the last good wide appeal card they have left

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Sucks that you can't link the Chase business cards to your personal cards account with the chase.com accounts. However it says you can go the other way, putting all your personal accounts in the business account. But the business card account takes me to their old interface which is hard to use after using their newer interface with my personal accounts.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Just booked 2 flights to Aruba the weekend after Thanksgiving for $140 in taxes for myself and my wife.

Thanks Chase!

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Chase covered our trip to New Zealand but Citi is getting us back. Working on Amex getting us to S. Africa. Diversification is good :)

Nov 8, 2012
Just booked 2 flights to Aruba the weekend after Thanksgiving for $140 in taxes for myself and my wife.

Thanks Chase!

FYI - Southwest has tweeted recently they are going to be doing flights to Hawaii shortly. As far as from which airports, that remains to be seen - hopefully I can get direct flights.

But regardless, I might have an incentive to get the companion pass over again on my wife's profile since she should be < 5/24 next year.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
FYI - Southwest has tweeted recently they are going to be doing flights to Hawaii shortly. As far as from which airports, that remains to be seen - hopefully I can get direct flights.

But regardless, I might have an incentive to get the companion pass over again on my wife's profile since she should be < 5/24 next year.
That is awesome. I was not aware of that. I was happy that they now go to Turks and Caicos as well as of next month.

I plan on getting my wife 2 Southwest cards Jan 1st and getting the companion pass for me for 2018 - 2019.

Damn maybe one day SW will fly to the French Polynesia or Maldives. Then I'll get free flights everywhere I want to go!

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006

lol - this is after they trolled the Southwest community by being key speakers at a Hawaii tourism conference last month which coincided with their spirit week and many west coast locations were doing Hawaiian themes and playing hawaiian music.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
lol - this is after they trolled the Southwest community by being key speakers at a Hawaii tourism conference last month which coincided with their spirit week and many west coast locations were doing Hawaiian themes and playing hawaiian music.

That's cultural appropriation, and insensitive to the indigenous people!

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
That is awesome. I was not aware of that. I was happy that they now go to Turks and Caicos as well as of next month.

I plan on getting my wife 2 Southwest cards Jan 1st and getting the companion pass for me for 2018 - 2019.

Damn maybe one day SW will fly to the French Polynesia or Maldives. Then I'll get free flights everywhere I want to go!

Dude I am so jelly of anyone with SW CP. If I could go back in time I wouldn't have gone over 5/24 :(

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2017/10/12/southwest-hawaii-get-companion-passes-ready/

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Dude I am so jelly of anyone with SW CP. If I could go back in time I wouldn't have gone over 5/24 :(

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2017/10/12/southwest-hawaii-get-companion-passes-ready/
Yeah man the CP has saved me a lot of money.

This past year we've flown to Aruba, then the Keys, then Grand Cayman, and now back to Aruba next month. I went to the keys without her last month so I didn't use the CP, but I used points. Cost me $11 in taxes round trip!

Last year we flew to the Keys, San Diego, and Boston. And that doesn't include our flight to Europe which SW doesn't fly to, but we used CUR points for that.

I like this game.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Are you guys usually transferring points or just booking through the CUR portal? Any tips to maximizing point transfers? It never seems like a very good deal to me, but I probably also don't look at optimal times to travel.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Are you guys usually transferring points or just booking through the CUR portal? Any tips to maximizing point transfers? It never seems like a very good deal to me, but I probably also don't look at optimal times to travel.

Usually transferring but it depends on where you want to go and what class of service you want to travel in. For some of the crazy cheap airfares (~$350 round trip to Europe) booking through the portal probably isn't a bad idea but I've typically just been buying those and saving my points for more expensive and longer distance travel like the 140,000 United miles to get two people to NZ in business class and the 140,000 AA miles to get back - a flight which typically costs at least $6,000 each person from where I live

Elganja

Platinum Member
May 21, 2007

every now and then, there are good deals on the portal IF the airline has a good fare ... e.g. if an airline has a flight cheap as fuck, it'll be worth purchasing on the portal due to redemption value 1.5x

also, not all the transfer partners, will be a partner you'll want to fly on ... so you'll have to use the portal if you want to use points for them... e.g., i'm going to europe and a lot of the smaller airlines that jump between the greek islands are cheap and on the portal, so I used the portal to purchase those 1.5x

the REAL value though, is international flights through a transfer partner such as united or what have you... for my honeymoon we used points to get us business class tickets, to and from europe, for 230k for both of us... can't complain about that! another high value transfer partner is southwest... in general, their point redemption rate is very good for their "wanna get away" fares. so your points go far with them

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I've recently been transferring to Southwest since my wife flies for free with the companion pass.

However prior to that I've only used them to transfer to United because you can find their "super saver" or whatever it's called, trips that can be booked with points. They are really good deals if you can find them and it's worth more than the 1.5x that it's worth at CUR if you find one of them.