PSA -Sapphire Reserve with 100K points bonus, LAST CHANCE is Saturday 3/11 at branch...

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kaerflog

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2010
Why take a 3% hit ??
Go to your favorite store that you shop often(walmart or what ever) and buy their gift cards. Surely you will use it up sooner or later.

kaerflog

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2010
Just to give you a heads up if you think you can still get the 100K points at the branch.
I posted this on another forum.
When I got approval at the branch on the 10th, they checked my wife and she was pre-qualified too.
We didn't do hers because I didn't want to rush spending $8000 in 3 months. We went back today because I already spent the $4000 and she was no longer qualified for the CSR. The lady told me Chase stopped this at the branch and you would have to apply online.
So we ended up getting the CSP for my wife. Not a bad deal. 55K with NO annual fee for the first year

kaerflog

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2010
I mean I think you can still apply at the branch and still get the 100k points but they don't have the pre-qualified at the branch anymore so if you are over the 5/24 rule. You might be SOL.
I'm glad I at least got 1 card on the 10th.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I'm envious of all of you double dipping the promo points by opening credit cards in your wife's name.

I love this card. 1.5X points redemption at Chase Travel Portal is lot more useful than 1.25X with Sapphire Preferred. I used to not care much about earning maximum UR points before with Sapphire Preferred but now that has changed. I'm going to use Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, and Reserve lot more going forward instead of my other cards with straight cash back. I checked Chase shopping portal and lot of the retailers on Ebates, MrRebates, and Swagbucks are also on Chase portal. So check with Chase shopping portal to see if the retailer offers points bonus before you shop.

KillerCharlie

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
My unlimited card earns more points, but the reserve card is what makes the points valuable.

The shopping portal is awesome. Almost every non-Amazon store I buy from is on it.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
whoooooooo i just logged onto my chase account and see the CSR listed on the left!

i wonder if the card will come today? time for me to get spending! :D gonna try to prepay some things and not spend more than normal. maybe plan and pay for my summer vacation now.

edit: weird, based on the billing cycle dates it looks like i should have probably got the card days ago.

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001
Just passed my $4k spend requirement. TSA precheck $85 back, $300 travel back and 3x points for my Disney vacation.
Now I just need the 100k point bonus to post.
Sad that it only took me 2 weeks to hit the spend requirement.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Just passed my $4k spend requirement. TSA precheck $85 back, $300 travel back and 3x points for my Disney vacation.
Now I just need the 100k point bonus to post.
Sad that it only took me 2 weeks to hit the spend requirement.
How long does TSA precheck take to do the whole process?

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Does buying prepaid gas gift cards at the gas stations like QT or RaceTrac count towards Chase Freedom 5% quarterly bonus? Can anyone confirm before I buy $1,500 QT gift card?

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
mine was done in 2 days. precheck is fast. global entry is the pain in the rear one.

My global entry passed the initial review stage fairly quickly too, maybe a few days. Now I have to go to some kind of interview where the earliest opening is in April.

The enrollment form was a huge pain in the ass too, but the process is nothing compared to the SF86 forms I've had to fill out :rolleyes:

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Nexus > Global Entry > TSA

However Chase/Citi/Amex don't re-imburse Nexus $50 fee and you have to apply near the Kanuckistanian border.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
My global entry passed the initial review stage fairly quickly too, maybe a few days. Now I have to go to some kind of interview where the earliest opening is in April.

if there is a customs & border patrol office somewhat near you in a lower-population area, you can check that for appointments.

cleveland didn't have any openings for 3 months but sandusky (an hour away) had availability the next week

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006

Depending on situation\demand they may open more time slots. When I first looked at DTW they were scheduling out 4 months or so. Tried back a couple of times and they ended up opening more slots so I got one within 3 weeks of my initial review completion

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
so when do i get my points? ive spent my 4k

my GE still says pending review :/ - however im worried about this, i don't have any paper docs proving i live where i do, nothings in my name

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

my GE still says pending review :/ - however im worried about this, i don't have any paper docs proving i live where i do, nothings in my name

Points show up when the last statement closes (after you pay it). If you've paid the balance ahead of the statement cycle, I think you still have to wait for the statement to close (or at least post) for the points to arrive.

I paid off my first round of purchases (something like $1300), but my first payment isn't due until Feb 27. But I don't even have a statement yet. I'm assuming the first one will post in another 2 weeks, as I'm only 2 weeks into this thing. So, I'm guessing points will be awarded as soon as that statement posts (Even after having been paid up until that time), or only after the due date of Feb 27, and the 2nd statement closes/posts.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Points show up when the last statement closes (after you pay it). If you've paid the balance ahead of the statement cycle, I think you still have to wait for the statement to close (or at least post) for the points to arrive.

I paid off my first round of purchases (something like $1300), but my first payment isn't due until Feb 27. But I don't even have a statement yet. I'm assuming the first one will post in another 2 weeks, as I'm only 2 weeks into this thing. So, I'm guessing points will be awarded as soon as that statement posts (Even after having been paid up until that time), or only after the due date of Feb 27, and the 2nd statement closes/posts.

ahh gotcha, yea my statement doesn't close till mid feb.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

Yep mine posted after my following statement, how do you plan on spending your 100k UR?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i got 2 vacations i plan on taking this year neither of which i have actually booked. one is to the caribbean that i do ever year and i haven't decided on where the YOLO one is gonna be

last year it was 2 weeks in iceland with 3 people id never met from reddit