Info PSA- Public impeachments start today- UPDATE 2/5/2020- Trump wins.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Can somebody keep a "live update" rolling on this for those of us who can't stream the videos while at work?
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: dank69

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
First public impeachment hearings begin at 10:00 AM

How to watch plus more info.

My only question is how much can Nunes and the others turn this into a shit show. I suspect much weeping and gnashing of teeth on the GOP side.

The gop already have their props out complaining about the process. So you can be rest assured that the gop will be trying their hardest to turn this into a shit show.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
The gop already have their props out complaining about the process. So you can be rest assured that the gop will be trying their hardest to turn this into a shit show.

That's for sure. The question in my mind is if the Dems will cut off Republicans who stray from impeachment by demanding Hunter, an irrelevancy. If that is allowed then some rules changes need to be made and immediately used after an infraction. This isn't a tea sat watching a croquet match.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Shit show it will be. The theatrics today will be next level I suspect.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Shit show it will be. The theatrics today will be next level I suspect.

100% Trump has cooked up some harebrained made for TV stunt to disrupt the proceedings. Though he's getting progressively less mileage out of this stuff.

Reactions: TheVrolok
Jan 25, 2011
Can somebody keep a "live update" rolling on this for those of us who can't stream the videos while at work?
Thanks in advance!
This is all you need to see to know how the day is going to go.

EJQm30BWoAA3Ig6

Reactions: TheVrolok

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I DVR’ed for historical significance but doubt I’ll watch the whole thing—curious what Schiff and Nunes will say in the opening remarks and how each will conduct their 45 minutes of opening questions.

I fully expect Nunes, Jordan or Paul to name-drop Eric Ciaramella.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The stage is set for one hell of a test between the Dem's getting out the damning facts of Trump's malfeasance in a way that sticks and the Repub's efforts to muck it all up with the finest grade of unadulterated bullshit.

I mean, what else can the Repubs do except fight the truth with a mountain of lies due to the overwhelming witness testimony corroborating the fact of Trump's malfeasance?

I do think though that the Dems need to keep reminding the public that the inquiry is not a trial and that if deemed justified, the trial will be held in the Senate as the Repubs for sure will be attempting to confuse/conflate this issue to their advantage.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Republican Senator - and vocal Trump supporter - Lindsey Graham told Fox News that he won't be watching the hearings because they are "un-American".

"I think it is a threat to the presidency. I don’t want to legitimise it. It’s un-American. It denies the basics of due process."

Is there anyway of reading that where it isn't him just sticking his fingers in his ears and going "LAA LAA LAA I CANT HEAR YOU!"

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I DVR’ed for historical significance but doubt I’ll watch the whole thing—curious what Schiff and Nunes will say in the opening remarks and how each will conduct their 45 minutes of opening questions.

I fully expect Nunes, Jordan or Paul to name-drop Eric Ciaramella.
IIRC, Nunes as well as Schiff has attorneys asking their questions during the first 90 minutes.

Jan 25, 2011
The Dems need to hammer back at the GOP for what I guarantee will be their push to say that no one has first hand knowledge of what Trump said with the fact that the WH has blocked any and all testimony from people with first hand knowledge.

Reactions: Homerboy

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I'm honestly surprised that Nunes hasn't claimed he knows the DNC server is in the Ukraine yet.

Clearly this is a performance for one particular person.

Jan 25, 2011
Apparently the GOP strategy today is to nauseate everyone right at the start so they turn off their TVs. Nunes going on about nude pictures of Trump is just...

Last edited:

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Nunes saying exactly what we expected him to say. Deep state, deep state, Hunter Biden, deep state.

It's interesting how the GOP can control the White House, Senate, and (for all intents and purposes) the Judiciary and still manage to be victims of the "Deep State." Must be hard to hold (almost) all the cards and play the winning hand.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I mean, Dems have already allowed the GOP everything that they demanded, even though there is no law, precedent, or logical/ethical reason to do so: "Formal vote" on an inquiry, , Public hearings after the necessarily closed depositions (law does matter, despite what they are trying to tell their uneducated base). ...and they are still bitching that getting everything they want is also unfair.

Seriously, from Orange Julius himself:
"Private hearings are illegal and unfair!"
"How dare they hold public hearings! This is unfair and unconstitutional and treason!"

It is plainly fucking obvious that these nutbars (Admin and the wall of GOP sycophants) have absolutely no legal, moral, or rational argument to defend this criminal president, so it's all about inventing procedural arguments that aren't happening at all. ....and the mewling masses slurp it up.

Reactions: dainthomas

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
I don't think this is going to go well for Dems. I think Repubs are better at sound bites which is all most people will have time to watch.

This is not going to lead to a sudden drastic shift in public opinion in favour of impeachment and removal. What is it at now, like 52%? The GOP are too spineless and worried about their own political futures to do anything useful. Not saying the same doesn't apply to Dems, but at least they're not beholden to a massively corrupt criminal.