PSA: make sure to play more video games

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Cool. Well the last time I went to the eye doctor (I have contacts but never wear them because I don't really need to) they said my eyesight was actually a little better than last time I was tested. When I get my new computer tomorrow my eyesight is gonna be through the fvcking roof.

SonnyDaze

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2004
Daaaamn!! Now I'll have good eye sight and great hand and eye coordination. I think I'll be a brain surgeon when I grow up. :p

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i play quake/unreal/etc all the time and i'm still near sighted. i've gotten neither better nor worse since i started playing them.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
i play quake/unreal/etc all the time and i'm still near sighted. i've gotten neither better nor worse since i started playing them.

that only means you should play more. you are not getting your minimun daily requirement of gameplay

Minjin

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2003
I don't know how it happened but I am an honest case of going from needing glasses (up in the 200 range I think) to 20/20 vision. Started off wearing glasses just to drive, then progressed to wearing them nearly all the time. When we went out to sea though, I wouldn't wear glasses. Why? Because I never needed to see more than 20ft away because you don't wear covers and hence don't salute on aircraft carriers. I found that when we pulled into ports and I had to wear glasses to see who to salute my eyes would always hurt. I figured out that my eyes might be getting better so over then next 7 years I started wearing them less and less till I was down to only wearing them when driving at night. And now I never wear them. Its probably been two to three years since I've worn glasses and I've had my vision checked out to be be 20/20 in that time.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: bigrash
Originally posted by: ElFenix

that only means you should play more. you are not getting your minimun daily requirement of gameplay

i'll tell my gf that next time she bugs me about playing games.

Smartazz

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Originally posted by: GeneValgene
w00t...this shows my mom was wrong!

lol, same. I think many people were proven wrong. I guess I should start playing games again. Games have also been shown to be beneficial in other ways too.