PSA: if you're having issues with your game pad trying swapping between the USB 2 and USB 3 ports.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
That MIGHT fix it and is a good choice before uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.

My 360 controller (which never had any problems under Windows 7 by the way) was giving me the flashing green lights even though everything worked fine within games.

After doing a BUNCH of work and lots of research, I found out some problems with some older devices can be cleared by going from USB 3 to USB 2.

For most of you this may seem fairly obvious but I was amazed at how little information there is on this subject.
Either that or search engines aint what they used to be.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, USB3 is supposed to be fully backwards compatible. In practice though i have noticed a few issues that were resolved by putting the device in a USB2 slot just like you did.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
Yep, I had a flash drive I was trying to boot from that would not work on my up-front USB 3 ports. Moved it to the back USB 2 and it worked like a charm. Whatever the difference is, backward compatibility is not assured.