PSA: If you're going to assign someone to call fee based technical support, pick someone that speaks english

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I've spent the last 40 minutes trying to help this woman do something that would have taken a native english speaker 30 seconds. She has a printer that is long out of warranty, & there is a $25 fee for support. I'm asking her a simple question, "What does the oval on the front of the tray say?" It's one word, 6 or fewer characters. I just need to know what it freaking says.

She still has no clue what I'm talking about, she didn't even understand when I asked if there was someone else there that I could talk to.

I can't help you if you can't understand me, & you spending $25 to talk to me doesn't change that.

I have nothing against people who don't speak english, but the people in charge should really know better than to assign one of them to call tech support.

:|

Viper GTS

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
I've spent the last 40 minutes trying to help this woman do something that would have taken a native english speaker 30 seconds. She has a printer that is long out of warranty, & there is a $25 fee for support. I'm asking her a simple question, "What does the oval on the front of the tray say?" It's one word, 6 or fewer characters. I just need to know what it freaking says.

She still has no clue what I'm talking about, she didn't even understand when I asked if there was someone else there that I could talk to.

I can't help you if you can't understand me, & you spending $25 to talk to me doesn't change that.

I have nothing against people who don't speak english, but the people in charge should really know better than to assign one of them to call tech support.

:|

Viper GTS

Chances are they are in india using IP telephony ....

I had the same problem with a wireless card (ended up being the router had a bad board)...luckily I was not paying for the support because the lady was incoherent and on top of that giving me instructions in the software for menus that did not exist.

I am batting 100% with tech support not solving any problems I have had.....fortunately whether it's 5 mins or 3 days later I have been able to figure them out.

Tech support is getting to be teh short bus kids.