PSA: I have updated my sig

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I know donation threads are not allowed, so I thought I would just point out my sig change.

Its for a very worthy cause.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
so are a lot of other donations but you don't see people disguising them in their sig and starting a thread. thats like putting a free-ipod thing in your sig and creating a thread like this.

i see a lock coming.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I don't see anything wrong with it.. it's not like it's for personal financial or materialistic gain.

brian_riendeau

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 1999
"I know donation threads are not allowed, so I thought I would just point out my sig change."

Click link...

"Goal $200 Raised $0 Donate Now!"

You created a thread with no other purpose but to draw attention to your donation link, so that must be ok? Right? Yeah, I am sure you did not know better before posting this.

Now I will never donate to Diabetes causes again for as long as I can remember this, simply out of bitterness for this thread.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: purbeast0
so are a lot of other donations but you don't see people disguising them in their sig and starting a thread. thats like putting a free-ipod thing in your sig and creating a thread like this.

i see a lock coming.
Originally posted by: brian_riendeau
"I know donation threads are not allowed, so I thought I would just point out my sig change."

Click link...

You created a thread with no other purpose but to draw attention to your donation link, so that must be ok? Right? Yeah, I am sure you did not know better before posting this.

Now I will never donate to Diabetes causes again for as long as I can remember this, simply out of bitterness for this thread.
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy
Spam.
You people suck. :|

Epoman

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2003
Originally posted by: brian_riendeau

Click link...

Wow harsh, the man is just trying to get the word out for his son that is trying to find a cure for his disease. Nothing in life is worse than having a sick child, NOTHING! when you are a parent you will understand this. I am not trying to flame you for your comment I just I can't believe what you said (in bold). I mean really what harm is one little post, it really isn't spam it's for a good cause any cause that is working to help children is ok in my book.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Cool, my donation already showed up!

I have like 80 people in my family with diabetes. It's the least I can do.

Hankerton

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2003
is the goal really $200???? Sell your computer for god's sake. That's chump change in comparison to a lot of medical expenses.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I've never seen a thread locked or a sig removed when it was an appeal for donations to a non-profit organization. There have been quite a few over the years (9/11 survivors, medical related organizations, etc.)

Best of luck with the fund-raiser, Josh. :)

zerocool1

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
femaven.blogspot.com
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
I've never seen a thread locked or a sig removed when it was an appeal for donations to a non-profit organization. There have been quite a few over the years (9/11 survivors, medical related organizations, etc.)

Best of luck with the fund-raiser, Josh. :)

yep, I had one for relay 2 months or so ago. It didn't get locked or anything

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: woowoo
Does your son have it or is he just walking...?

Both.

And thanks for the donations. As far as the $200 goes, this is our first walk, I had no idea what to set the bar at. The average is somewhere around $100. I am definitely going to donate money myself, on top of the money I have already donated, and the massive amount of time I spend helping with the JDRF.

To those who are flaming me over this, you have no idea what it is like. Look at your fingertips, now imagine being 8 years old and having them been poked over 8,000 times. Look in your fridge. Imagine having to count every single carb and fat gram you eat. Look at your health, and imagine having an incurable disease that will probably kill you.

If you care to donate, then please do. My son and the millions of other children who have this aweful disease will thank you. This disease controls your life and the life of your family. We all pray for a cure everyday.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: rudeguy
To those who are flaming me over this, you have no idea what it is like. Look at your fingertips, now imagine being 8 years old and having them been poked over 8,000 times. Look in your fridge. Imagine having to count every single carb and fat gram you eat. Look at your health, and imagine having an incurable disease that will probably kill you.

no one has a problem with you trying to help your son. it's the fact that you try to use your sig to get around the "no donations threads" thing on a technicality that is kinda lame.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
haha if you keep clicking the "Replay" button on the little animation, the noise it makes keeps getting higher pitched. its funny.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Yossarian
Originally posted by: rudeguy

no one has a problem with you trying to help your son. it's the fact that you try to use your sig to get around the "no donations threads" thing on a technicality that is kinda lame.

I do understand that. I was kind of hoping you guys would get behind me on this one. I could start up "Team ATOT". Heck, how many of us have helped search for aliens? Why not try to save a few kids lives?