PSA: For those of you living on your own for the first time.....

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
and you run out of dish washer fluid, DO NOT use Dawn dish soap as a substitute. That is all.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Shawn
and you run out of dish washer fluid, DO NOT use Dawn dish soap as a substitute. That is all.

:camera:'s :p

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
hahahah noo!

though i cant say anything. i did that myself when i first go tmy place =(

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000

bubbles EVERYWHERE!

I remember we used to do that when we wanted to mop the kitchen floor... ya know two birds/ one stone

May 31, 2001
Neither can you put regular popcorn into a paperbag and make it pop in the microwave. I tried this when I was a kid. After a while, I thought I smelled smoke so opened the microwave and the oxygen rush caused the bag to ignite. I had to grab the burning bag of popcorn and run outside and throw it into a snow bank.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven
Neither can you put regular popcorn into a paperbag and make it pop in the microwave. I tried this when I was a kid. After a while, I thought I smelled smoke so opened the microwave and the oxygen rush caused the bag to ignite. I had to grab the burning bag of popcorn and run outside and throw it into a snow bank.

hahahah oh my

jfall

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2000

really, I wonder what they do to the microwave kernels that makes it different

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Kev
i don't have a dishwasher so i don't have to worry :) :frown:

You don't have a girlfriend or a wife? ;)

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: jfall

really, I wonder what they do to the microwave kernels that makes it different

probably moisture content or having a small amount of oil in the bag.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

:camera:'s :p

Well I cleaned it all up incase the roommate were to come home. ;) I always make fun of him when he does something stupid and he has yet to see me do something stupid. I plan to keep it that way. :p

I ran the rinse cycle a few times but there is still a lot of soap in there so I'm running it through the whole cycle again. Luckly most of the soap is gone, but I did this to keep any more bubbles from comming out. :Q:D

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Worked fine last time I did it.

Albis

Platinum Member
May 29, 2004
haha when i run low, i start filling up the soap bottle with water and hope i can get the most out of it

Nohr

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2001
www.flickr.com
I had a friend that decided it'd be a good idea to wash his underwear in the kitchen sink then dry them off in the microwave while I was in the bedroom sleeping. It started smoking bad so in his further wisdom he pulled the battery out of the smoke alarm so I wouldn't wake up and find out. I had to replace the microwave, it totally warped the door.

Ditched him soon after.