PSA: Every time you curse the stupidity of fellow ATers, remember: THERE IS WORSE OUT THERE.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Let's keep it all in proportion, people. Perhaps somewhat unbelievably, there are communities with a lower collective IQ than the one we call home.

I was reminded of this today while reading about the hysterical rantings of a bar owner, after he was ordered by police to close the place up because he was overcrowding the place and likely serving alcohol afterhours. After a few people expressed doubt, here is the temperament of responses that came out:
Originally posted by: mr_flabulous
it's amazing how eager people are to defend the cops.
in the last year many of my close friends have been assaulted, profiled, wrongly arrested, and mistreated by the cops. this sh!t happens all the time, as most queer/trans folks & people of colour know all too well.

the cops aren't racist and homophobic and power-tripping? come on.
i hope things work out ok, i'll be writing a letter.

p.s.- if all you fscking breeders don't stop calling him a 'drama queen' i'm going to pull out my tiara and whip you with it. calling queers you don't agree with drama queens is not cool.
Originally posted by: like_poison
fsck yes, i agree with you.

i can't believe that everyone is so eager to defend cops and are so sure that the bar owner is lying.

your comment about americans, cops, christians not needing defending is spot on.
Lessons to learn:

1. A lot of people are too stupid to grasp the basic idiocy and irony of their own words.
2. There is no #2.

Have a good night.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I have no recollection of the statement in question

Feb 17, 2005
one of my neighbors is a cop. all i have to do is invite him to my bbq's and he tells me where all the speed traps are. :thumbsup: