PSA: 2012 Steam Summer Sale Starts in less than an hour (10am PST)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I know there are plenty of Steam Sale threads but this information shouldn't be buried in the off chance you click one! The information is right there in the title. Get your wallets ready gents!

If by some off chance all the information out there is wrong about the start of the sale, I will be a sad panda.

EDIT:

Updated title with the time.

Official Thread: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?p=33680887#post33680887

Last edited by a moderator:

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Commence hitting F5 in 45 minutes.

Roger that. This is the first Steam Summer sale I've ever anticipated since I just started using steam <again> this past November. I used to not like Steam, so this is my first chance to buy lots of stuff in a short period of time at a good rate.

Plimogz

Oct 3, 2009
aren't all sale prices valid for 24 hours at a time? And wouldn't these digital versions preclude selling out? And doesn't most everybody around here already have a virtually insurmountable backlog of games on their Steam account?

-- never mind me, I'm just bitter that I lost my CC and won't have a replacement # for a day at least.

The horror... the horror...

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
$30 is my budget. Bring it on Steam.

My budget is about $150 (the amount sitting in my PayPal account). Possibly buying for 2 people (wife) and as noted above, first sale I've been able to get in on due to hating Steam for the longest time. Now we're best friends.

But given that I'm a cheap ass I'll probably spend $50 or less.

EDIT:

Official budget is $187. Bring it on.

Last edited:

astrosfan315

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2002
3.8 million on right now...wonder what that will spike to today.

Now that my son has gotten into PC gaming it's time to get him hooked up. I started him off with some Xmas sales, but that was mostly indie stuff. Now it's time for the 'big ones' (killing floor voice)

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Commence hitting F5 about 45 times until the servers are fixed and the Steam store actually loads.

There you go.

My budget is about $150 (the amount sitting in my PayPal account). Possibly buying for 2 people (wife) and as noted above, first sale I've been able to get in on due to hating Steam for the longest time. Now we're best friends.

My budget's going to be tight this year. A dumb bitch rear-ended me last week and wrecked my car, so right now I'm shopping for a new car. :(

Edit: I forgot I had $20 in my Steam wallet. BRING IT ON, GABEN

Last edited:

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
I saw a supposedly leaked sale list that looked very weak. It's possible that what I saw was only the indie bundles part of the sale though. If so, they've done a good job of keeping this summer sale under wraps. *crosses fingers*

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I added $50 to my Steam Wallet last night, will consider adding another $50 if the sales are too good, though I doubt I'll need that much.

I saw a supposedly leaked sale list that looked very weak. It's possible that what I saw was only the indie bundles part of the sale though. If so, they've done a good job of keeping this summer sale under wraps. *crosses fingers*

:rolleyes:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Why? It's not like the deals are limited in number...

Sometimes they (Steam) mess up the price when they first put up the daily deals and you can get a game for waaaaay cheaper then it was suppose to be.

I started the sales thread and started adding stuff as it comes in (2 bundles so far)

hoorah

Dec 8, 2005
Can someone explain to me why people add money to their steam wallet? What is the benefit of doing this over just paying with a linked credit card when you want to buy something?

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
saw the sale for 1 min. Then:

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

XID: 436521231

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Can someone explain to me why people add money to their steam wallet? What is the benefit of doing this over just paying with a linked credit card when you want to buy something?

So your CC company doesn't potentially get mad at you, and your CC statement isn't littered with dozens of tiny $2 transactions. Better to go with 1 big $50 or $100 transaction and leave the rest up to Steam.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
I added $50 to my Steam Wallet last night, will consider adding another $50 if the sales are too good, though I doubt I'll need that much.

:rolleyes:

so fra what ive seen are just games on sale that have already been on sale, possibly for less, in the past.

The THQ pack looks like a sweet deal if you havent picked up SR3 yet. its like 87% off and you get a ton of good games.

hoorah

Dec 8, 2005
So your CC company doesn't potentially get mad at you, and your CC statement isn't littered with dozens of tiny $2 transactions. Better to go with 1 big $50 or $100 transaction and leave the rest up to Steam.

okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Also...did anyone notice the Bethseda bundle is $49.99 and includes Skyrim? That seems like a good deal if you haven't grabbed Skyrim yet..except I imagine most ppl have many of the other games included.

Status
Not open for further replies.