PS4 connection

Altamira

Feb 15, 2008
Hi,

I have a Dell 23´´ U2311Hb monitor but it only has VGA and DVI-D connection.
Would i be able to connect a PS4 slim to this monitor? Maybe through HDMI to DVI-D converter?
Would i loose any graphical fidelity/color in the process?

Thanks

Altamira

Feb 15, 2008
Damn it! Dont tell me i have to buy a new monitor just because of connections. That really is not in my financial plans.
I have a TV but only have 21-pins scart (well it used to work when i had Playstation 1 :).
So i suppose my old school rig does not acommodate PS4?

PS: Well maybe if i could sell my monitor second hand and buy a new dell U2414H

razel

Platinum Member
May 14, 2002
Yes you can connect PS4 to DVI monitor. No convertor is needed, just a passive HDMI to DVI adapter. My nephews have done this to a 2006 era Dell DVI/VGA only monitor, we also have done this at work with several different DVI/DP only HP monitors. The only difference is it's a non-slim PS4.

Games always played and movies were a toss up. According to the Dell site, your DVI input supports HDCP. Switching the HDCP on/off in the PS4 menu didn't make a difference with the movies that wouldn't play. Honestly, it would play, but we'd get a signal lost on the monitor. We suspect, in retrospect, it's more to do that 24p output was enabled and the monitor didn't support it, but we didn't bother to go back and play around. They're just happy they can use it for games and YouTube casting.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
converter might work but im gonna guess HDCP is gonna cause that to not work
If it's "Vista-certified" or newer, it supports HDCP.

[edit]

Confirmed: The monitor supports HDCP.

The adapter should work fine.