PS3 or Wii? If you chose today, which system would you pick.

thespeakerbox

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2004
PS3 pr Wii - If you chose today, which system would you pick.

IMO, The wii seems to have lost its funabilty lately :) . Sure mario party and little golf games are fun for a while but tend to get old fast. The graphics on ps3 seem much better suited for the type of game play i like : FPS. Then there's the blue ray add on. I'm sure the player itself is not the highest quality, but walking into blockbuster makes me and my HD-DVD player very sad. They only have like 5 HDDVD movies, and theyre all old. Also, my GF is a huge grand theft auto fan - dont as me why....its one of the only games she loves to play

So here's the break down so far..

PS3

+ Blueray
- Cost
+ Graphics

Wii

-Graphics
+Interactivity
+Mario party
+Cost

What would you pick?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'd probably pick the console forum before any of these ;)

And out of those 2, I'd pick the PS3.

But out of the current 3 consoles, I'd pick an Xbox360.

(I have all 3 consoles btw)

InlineFive

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2003
It seems that you've already figured it out yourself. The "wii seems to have lost its funability lately."

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
PS3. Which I did buy, and I'm still happy with the decision.

I've said all along that the Wii, for the average gamer anyway, would be "gimicky". A lot of fun for awhile, but that would fade. Eventually you just want to sit down and play like you would a normal game system. A few friends of mine that got an loved a Wii right after launch have confirmed this, by putting theirs up on ebay. They even had a weekly "wiigue", an ongoing competition involving the Wii Sports.

That said, Wii will continue to sell like mad, as Nintendo was genius in the way they designed and marketed this system.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Um, have you played Metroid Prime 3 yet? It's really a great game. The controls add so much too it, IMO...I know purbeast didn't like it because he's a lefty though. Between that and RE4 (never played it before), I'm set for a while...don't really play videogames more than a couple hours a week.

I still want a 360 though.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I had RE4 for Gamecube, and its certainly one of my favorite games. I haven't played Prime but I saw and read about it. I'll be honest, I have the same feeling about that. It would be really fun for the first few hours, but eventually, I wouldn't want to do it anymore.

thespeakerbox

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2004
I know I should have mentioned it, but I already have an xbox 360. :) I'm not sure whether to seller it or not to fund another console. Because I know i'll want to try out Halo 3 :)

I was lucky enough not to get a faulty system, but am peeved at MS for releasing the HDMI elite...

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
bleh, mario party sucked IMO.

Metroid has been great...RE4 too since I never played it. there's nothing for the PS3 for me, cept maybe UT3 since it'll have keyboard/mouse support. But I need to learn to like dual analog FPS... I want to get an xbox to play bioshock :)

intogamer

Lifer
Dec 5, 2004
I agree about the wii. I mean its a great get together game, but most of the games don't have much of a story.

I mean Sports games are fun on the wii, it gets boring quick. I'm leaning to the Xbox 360.

ABitTooSpicy

Jun 30, 2004
i say get the wii right now... (make sure to get res evil 4, metroid prime 3, and zelda), it will keep you happy for a while... once you start getting bored and the price of the ps3 is lower and the blue ray / hd dvd battle is settled go out and get a ps3

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
If someone gave me the Ps3, I'd take it. I would then proceed to sell it to recuperate the money I've already spent on buying the wii and the xbox360 :p

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
both.

you really can't compare them. the wii has diffrent style of game sand gameplay then the PS3.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
PS3, my little brother has a Wii, and I really don't like it too much. I'm more of a hardcore gamer, shooters, sports, etc so I'd go with PS3.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005

I also have all 3 systems, and IMO Xbox 360 > PS3 > Wii

I've said all along that the Wii, for the average gamer anyway, would be "gimicky". A lot of fun for awhile, but that would fade. Eventually you just want to sit down and play like you would a normal game system. A few friends of mine that got an loved a Wii right after launch have confirmed this, by putting theirs up on ebay.

spot on

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
You say you like FPSs..isn't the 360 THE console for FPSs?

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
If you already have a 360 then you should get a Wii or wait until the PS3 has enough exclusive titles that YOU like to merit the purchase.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
I would go wii. Ps3 still has works that needs to be done in terms of pricing and games.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Yreka

I also have all 3 systems, and IMO Xbox 360 > PS3 > Wii

I've said all along that the Wii, for the average gamer anyway, would be "gimicky". A lot of fun for awhile, but that would fade. Eventually you just want to sit down and play like you would a normal game system. A few friends of mine that got an loved a Wii right after launch have confirmed this, by putting theirs up on ebay.

spot on

im in 110% agreeance with this guy.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
If money wasn't a problem, PS3 all the way. Maybe I'm just oldschool, but I like my gamepad, and didn't care for the Wii when I tried it. Also, aside from Super Smash Brothers, I really don't have any idea what I'd want to play on the Wii, while the PS3 has (almost) three generations of games behind it.

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
I'm waiting for better games on the PS3. Does anyone know if the Xbox 360 Elite come with a built-in HD player?