PS2 - Dell 2005FPW - And Sound

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
Hey guys, I wanna hook up my PS2 to my 2005fpw, which is easy because I just connect the S video cable. I also want to have audio from my PS2, on lets say, my 5.1 Klipsch Promedia Ultra speakers, how would I go about doing that? Do I need any special converters? A reciever? Can I do it through my comp somehow?

Please help!

Also sorry for the post in OT, but the responses here are fast!

:):heart:

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
You can either get a RCA female to 2.5mm male adapter and feed it into your computer (line-in on sound card) or you can just get RCA extentions and feed it into a receiver. Or you could get a RCA female to 2.5mm female adapter and plug in the 2.5mm male connector from your Promedias.

EDIT: My PS2 looks great on my 2005.

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: NutBucket

EDIT: My PS2 looks great on my 2005.

Don't suppose you could supply pics of several games??? I've been thinking of getting the 2005fpw (or even the 2405fpw if I could afford it) and would like to hook up my PS2 and Xbox to it since many games on both have widescreen options.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Do you have video in on your video card on your computer?If you want t hook it up striaght to the moniter, then you have to find the adapter to do so at radioshack or something. Hooking the PS2 up to get sound should not be a prrolem either. You can use your sound in on your sound card or you could just get a 2 sided female RCA adapter.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
I thought I can plug the PS2 S-Video cable (yellow one) directly into the monitor? I have a BFG 7800 GTX if that makes any difference.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
Hmm I have another question to fellow 2005fpw owners, why is there a "component" video mode when I don't see any component jacks on the monitor anywhere?

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
2005FPW has analog, DVI, composite (yellow RCA-style), and S-video inputs, all easily switched to by the press of a button and can be put in PiP/PbP modes. As far as sound, I don't know. I thought that any modern sound card would be able to play two inputs at a time, but I hooked a VCR to my 2005FP, just today actually, cause I wanted to try out watching TV. I used a yellow-red composite to headphone jack for audio, but couldn't get any sound from the VCR source through my speakers. I have a SB Live! Value, but maybe I didn't have the right jack (couldn't be bothered to pull out the PC heh).

And btw, the TV quality was pretty good. You just can't expect to sit as close to it as you do with a monitor. Maybe some HD resolutions would be good, but at least you get the option to 1:1, fill, or aspect. I have hooked a Xbox up to it as well and it was pretty good as Fill, just sit about as far away as you would from a TV. 1 player Unreal CHampionship 2 was very good, not sure if 2 player would be too small, unless it recognized widescreen and could position them side by side... I haven't experimented with anything else on it.