Proxy server for home server?

x_kzy_xd

Jun 30, 2011
I’m looking for a proxy server to host on my home server. An important feature I need is to be able to choose which network adapter it binds to.

So far, I’ve the best option I’ve found is “The Free Proxy Suite” Handcrafted Software. It looks somewhat sketchy… Am I wrong in that regard? I’m paranoid about routing all my traffic through an unknown closed source developer.

Is there a better proxy server that fits my needs?

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Tested The Free Proxy Server long time ago, did not encounter any problem.

==

CCProxy 8.0 is free for 3 users if it's all you need.

Last edited:

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
A proxy server lets you control who can access the internet, what time users can get online and what websites users can visit.

A caching proxy like Squid also can speed up internet access.

Administrator can also run Squid log analyzer to see internet access statistics.

glennworkshop

May 10, 2022
Tested The Free Proxy Server long time ago, did not encounter any problem.

==

CCProxy 8.0 is free for 3 users if it's all you need.
Thank you for sharing! The video you have posted is pretty informative. It helped me solve every issue I was having with the home proxy server. I was always using 4g mobile proxy servers, and I never had problems using them. I had problems only with home proxy servers, especially with connecting to the proxy server and the Internet speed after connecting to the proxy server. After watching the video, you shared, I noticed that I had made some mistakes in setting up the server, so it is why I was having issues.

Last edited: