Proud new owner of a 1911 pistol! Kimber Team Match II

May 31, 2001
15,326
1
0
How much did it run you? I want to get a 1911 eventually, but am having trouble deciding exactly which make and model to get.
 

phantom309

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2002
2,065
1
0
Congrats - I promised myself a Stainless Custom II when I pass my CCNA exam. Don't know if you've heard, but Wolf has drastically improved the quality of their ammo recently, without raising the price. You can get 1000 rounds of .45ACP for $140 shipped at J&G Sales. I'm about halfway through my first case and it shoots flawlessly in my Springfield Mil-Spec.
 

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
5,446
0
76
Originally posted by: phantom309
Congrats - I promised myself a Stainless Custom II when I pass my CCNA exam. Don't know if you've heard, but Wolf has drastically improved the quality of their ammo recently, without raising the price. You can get 1000 rounds of .45ACP for $140 shipped at J&G Sales. I'm about halfway through my first case and it shoots flawlessly in my Springfield Mil-Spec.
Does it still have that red sealant that gets all over the place? I used to use it in my CZ and still use it in my AK. It jammed up the CZ pretty well if I was putting a couple of hundred rounds through it in a few hours. Not a problem after I switched to CCI Blazer, and never a problem with the Speer Lawman I carry.
 

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
74,442
824
126
Very nice gun.

I picked up a fullsize Para-Ordnance LDA single stack a couple months ago for $649. I'm really happy with it. I like the Kimbers also. Probably just get a Wilson though. I already own a Colt Officer's model with custom trigger, beavertail grip safety, night sights and a King's recoil spring guide rod kit. All the work done on my Colt was through King's Gun Works in Glendale.
 

gregshin

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2000
3,273
0
0
my next gun for home defense will be either a revolver or a glock...probably a 357 but i will use 38 rounds or a glock 30
 

K1052

Lifer
Aug 21, 2003
41,926
23,273
136
Nice pistol.

Someday I need to get myself a nice 1911.
Darn rifles, why must you tempt me so?
 

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
74,442
824
126
Originally posted by: Shockwave
Nice! I prefer the Smith and Wesson models myself, but still definately a good gun!
There's just something inherently wrong with Smith & Wesson manufacturing a Colt pistol. :D
 

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
6,623
6
81
I picked up one of these about 3 weeks ago. Not too special until you look at the weight. Feels like a damn toy. Shoot decent too. Kicks like a mule.

Good choice on the Kimber. Great guns.
 

SoyBoy004

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
1,768
0
0
Originally posted by: gregshin
my next gun for home defense will be either a revolver or a glock...probably a 357 but i will use 38 rounds or a glock 30

how about a shotgun? the rack of the shotgun should be enough to scare an intruder! plus bird shot is far less likely to go through walls. hehe but a glock 30 would be nice!
 

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
7,701
0
0
How old do you have to be to get a gun license in NY? I am interested in getting myself a gun for a shooting range, but haven't really looked into the laws.
 

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
29,582
11
76
Originally posted by: Marauder911
How old do you have to be to get a gun license in NY? I am interested in getting myself a gun for a shooting range, but haven't really looked into the laws.
If you want to own a gun, you should leave New York state... It's not a gun friendly environment. Look forward to a lot of expense and hassle.

Most states don't require a license to own a firearm. That's like requiring a license in order to speak your mind.
 

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
25,195
0
56
Decisions, decisions, I have a friend that wants my Glock 26, what to replace it with???

Am thinking of a Glock 33 ... or a 20

Sweet Kimber, gregshin:D

 

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
10,162
0
0
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Decisions, decisions, I have a friend that wants my Glock 26, what to replace it with???

Am thinking of a Glock 18...

Sweet Kimber, gregshin:D
Fixed. :p
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY