Proper Way to Permanently limit Bamdwidth of a PC using DD-WRT?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by varunmehta11, Nov 4, 2012.

1. varunmehta11

varunmehta11 Member

I've just Flashed DD-WRT to my D-Link DIR-600 Router.. My only motive to flash DD-WRT was to Limit the Bandwidth of my roommate's PC on my network.. I have a 2mbps Broadband Connection(Bill paid by me) which is shared over my DIR-600 Wifi router..
    My Broadband Plan has a 15GB full speed(2mbps) Download limit after which the speed would reduce to 256kbps..
    So, i want to limit that specific PC of my roommate to a bandwidth of 512kbps permanently (even when my PC is switched off).. And only i should get the whole bandwidth of 2mbps on my PC and phone..
    I've read a lot of DD-WRT QoS Tutorials but i still haven't found the proper steps to achieve all of this..??

2. Loading...