Proper CPU temp for Barton 2800

DarkTXKnight

Oct 3, 2001
Hi there, I have just put together an Athlon XP 2800 with a Coolermaster HHC001 cooler and the Antec Sonata case...... from what Ive been reading here about people's temperaturesI think mine is too high .When I turn the mahcine on my idle temp is at @ 47 C..... is this right???? What could I be doing wrong??? Thanks in advance!

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
47 isn't nothing to get too worried about but it's a little. You are good until about 60 when I really start worrying. I'm not familier with that heatsink so I don't know how good it is. I use the slk-800 which is an awesome cooler.

DarkTXKnight

Oct 3, 2001
Well I was mainliy concerned because when you look at the newegg reviews for this chip this cooler seems to be the most popular which is why I bought it but they are saying that their temps are in the 30's while Im wondering why mine are in the late 40's..... Im tempted to check out the stock fan that came with this and see if there is any difference.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
ok now I follow, you get 47 just sitting on the windows desktop doing nothing. That's about what I get too. That doesn't bother me, but under load, my Biostar plows through the 50's, past the mid 60's and tops out around 68. I checked the HSF and its on good. I even bought a thermalright HS with a new 80mm fan and some AS3 because of that high temp.