Proof of collusion: Trump campaign and Russia

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Depends on the data, if it’s not public data and can be used to hyper target people that’s a super shitty traitorous thing to do.
If it’s manafort trying to pay off some debt that’s a traitorous thing to do.

I think you’re missing the point. They don’t care about the data, this is him proving to the oligarchs he’s hitched to the winning team (or at least one where there’s a chance) so they should pay him attention and more importantly money. Not data for Russia to hyper target Facebook users. Not excusing what he did mind you.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What would a Russian have done with it.

Uhh, the Internet Research Agency would have used it the same way that a political campaign would have used it, to target specific audiences. "Data" is a very loose term that can also include methods of analysis & all kinds of things, of course. They have their own algorithms for dealing with big data, I'm sure.

They also had a huge conceptual lead in how to manipulate social media & public consciousness to serve their purposes. And so they did.

You fell for it yourself when you voted for Trump. You're still falling for it today, too. This whole "It wasn't offered as a thing of value but was offered merely as assurances" routine is obvious bullshit.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
He probably did know but I’d like to put it on more than just you feel he’s a micro manager.
I think we all know by now that Trump is the worst kind of micro manager. The kind that pushes you when he needs to use you and then tosses you under the bus when he's done with you.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
“I don’t think it’s possible to quantify the size of his ego,” said Barbara Res, a former Trump Organization executive vice-president throughout the 1980s. “It’s too big.”

"A consensus emerged of a businessman obsessed with minute detail, prone to micromanagement, who takes little interest in the diversity of his executives or the welfare of lower-level employees. Some said Trump lacks the temperament to deal with setbacks and becomes instantly impatient with those who do not support or agree with him, while remaining resolutely loyal to those who do. Others described their former boss as a workaholic with few true friends, a man sometimes awkward in company outside the workplace.

"And yet Sprague remained in awe of her former boss (despite an acrimonious departure which resulted in her suing the company), recalling the times his obsessive attention to detail uncovered the misalignment of terraces during the construction of Trump Tower, or drove the renovation of Central Park’s ice rink in 1981. “Donald, in the end, did everything … No matter how smart you might be, it was Donald,” she said."

------------------------------------------

"I'm very much involved in the details," Trump said during a June deposition in a lawsuit stemming from his development of a Washington hotel. "I was involved in the design of the building and the room sizes and the entrances and the lobby and the marble and the bathrooms and the fixtures and the bars and a lot of things."

"When Paul Manafort, who was helping run Trump's campaign, secured the candidate's authorization to spend $20 million hiring field operatives, he was triumphant, according to a Republican National Committee member, recounting an RNC meeting with Manafort in April."

"Manafort told Reuters that while it was true most candidates simply signed off on a budget rather than reviewing each expenditure, Trump was different because he was partly funding his campaign. "I understood it and totally agreed with that approach," Manafort said. Later in the campaign, Trump was still agonizing over details. In October, he insisted on reviewing the script of a radio ad that was to be broadcast on stations with predominantly black audiences, according to a source inside the campaign."

My feels. Yeah.

Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Uhh, the Internet Research Agency would have used it the same way that a political campaign would have used it, to target specific audiences. "Data" is a very loose term that can also include methods of analysis & all kinds of things, of course. They have their own algorithms for dealing with big data, I'm sure.

They also had a huge conceptual lead in how to manipulate social media & public consciousness to serve their purposes. And so they did.

You fell for it yourself when you voted for Trump. You're still falling for it today, too. This whole "It wasn't offered as a thing of value but was offered merely as assurances" routine is obvious bullshit.

People who voted for Trump because of identity politics don't feel fooled. Quite the opposite, they love him more than ever as he heroically fights the DemonRats in Congress to stop the Islamofascist Brown Invasion at the border.
And if Russian trolls and Big Data allowed them to be "anti-PC" and "free speech advocates" instead of racists, bigots, and misogynists bent on ethnic and ideological cleansing, they're thankful for that.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and lsd

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
For anyone who still thinks Trump knew nothing, remember Manafort had the Republican platform modified to be more Russia friendly. That's couldn't happen w/o consent from the nominee.

When Congress enacted more sanctions with a veto proof bill Trump delayed almost 1 year to enact.

Currently Treasury Secretary is attempting to ease sanctions on Oleg Deriposka. Sanctions removal has always been Russia's goal.

We still don't know what was said between Trump and Putin in Helsinki.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Welp NYT seems to think to. I’ll defer to them over Jhhnn of the Internet.

Heh. "According to a person knowledgeable about the situation" doesn't mean the authors believed it, just that they reported it as being said, accepted it as plausible.

The article goes to expound at some length about what happened & how that information could have been useful-

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/...ntry=US&blockId=most-popular&imp_id=942404889

This "interfered in the election" way of putting it is much too bland & leaves way too much room for denial. They backed Trump & fucked with people's minds in ways subtle and profound. They're still doing it, of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: feralkid

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
People who voted for Trump because of identity politics don't feel fooled. Quite the opposite, they love him more than ever as he heroically fights the DemonRats in Congress to stop the Islamofascist Brown Invasion at the border.
And if Russian trolls and Big Data allowed them to be "anti-PC" and "free speech advocates" instead of racists, bigots, and misogynists bent on ethnic and ideological cleansing, they're thankful for that.

Decades of relentless GOP culture war agitprop led them to being that way in various degrees. It's also hugely a part of the whole anti-gubmint sentiment they've nurtured, as well. This Trump business takes it to a whole different level, however. I don't think the GOP ever considered the idea that they wouldn't be able to control this monster they created.

I mean, the idea that Trump was ever fit to be President is patently absurd. People had to be more than a little bit crazy in the first place to even entertain the notion that he might be.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think you’re missing the point. They don’t care about the data, this is him proving to the oligarchs he’s hitched to the winning team (or at least one where there’s a chance) so they should pay him attention and more importantly money. Not data for Russia to hyper target Facebook users. Not excusing what he did mind you.
He was already campaign chairman at that point. To some Russian oligarch who had no interest in being involved in undue influence on the Presidential campaign that information would have been meaningless.

Feb 4, 2009

then we all agree this is completely inexcusable behavior and likely illegal, he should be punished for doing so.
What the ultimate goal isn't relevant to this discussion.
Am I correct?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
IMO this SHOULD be the top thread in PN at the moment.

I mean it is SO blatantly obvious by now that Trump colluded with mega pal Putin to get his show on the road, it is screaming to the skies so much that

- No single Congress critter is in doubt that Trump is a russian plant
- No single Fox News director is in doubt that Tump is a russian puppet
- No single person in the WH is in doubt that Trump is a russian stooge

And still, all you get is .... Crickets. There can be no doubt anymore... and yet, only Crickets.

Take a look around, cause all those crickets are the collaborators.
You do understand that your three points are unsubstantiated?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Its 10000x times more substantiated than Benghazi, Uranium One and the fact ALL the terrorists come over the southern border (6 vs. 56 at the canadian border).
Right now you are looking a lot like a collaborator.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Its 10000x times more substantiated than Benghazi, Uranium One and the fact ALL the terrorists come over the southern border (6 vs. 56 at the canadian border).
Right now you are looking a lot like a collaborator.
That's a nice little bit of hyperbole, with a fair dose of whataboutisim, but it doesn't alter the validity of my statement at all. There is a vast difference between belief and fact.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I agree that they aren’t proven but frankly it’s the most likely answer by far, wouldn’t you agree? Whether ‘stooge’ is the right answer he certainly appears to be compromised in some way.

When it comes to national security and breaches of this magnitude you don’t wait until absolute certainty because then it’s too late.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I agree that they aren’t proven but frankly it’s the most likely answer by far, wouldn’t you agree? Whether ‘stooge’ is the right answer he certainly appears to be compromised in some way.

When it comes to national security and breaches of this magnitude you don’t wait until absolute certainty because then it’s too late.

Anybody who saw the press conference in Helsinki who didn't come to that conclusion is willfully blind. The only thing that would have made it more obvious would (or wouldn't) have been Trump wearing a collar & Putin holding the leash.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That's a nice little bit of hyperbole, with a fair dose of whataboutisim, but it doesn't alter the validity of my statement at all. There is a vast difference between belief and fact.

Yea. Right. Hyperbole.

https://theweek.com/speedreads-amp/...ow-proof-collusion-between-trumps-team-russia

Its piling up and up and up .. Trump will have to be the DUMBEST motherfucker on earth if all this shit happened under his nose during campaign and he didnt know about it ... on top of DUMBEST MOTHERFUCKER on earth he still have to explain ALL his actions that lines up with and supports all his *REST OF HIS CAMPAIGN STAFF* did with russian agents. Wake the fuck up dude.

Feb 4, 2009
Yea. Right. Hyperbole.

https://theweek.com/speedreads-amp/...ow-proof-collusion-between-trumps-team-russia

Its piling up and up and up .. Trump will have to be the DUMBEST motherfucker on earth if all this shit happened under his nose during campaign and he didnt know about it ... on top of DUMBEST MOTHERFUCKER on earth he still have to explain ALL his actions that lines up with and supports all his *REST OF HIS CAMPAIGN STAFF* did with russian agents. Wake the fuck up dude.

Wow Shep Smith told it like it is, no wiggle room anywhere.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
For anyone who still thinks Trump knew nothing, remember Manafort had the Republican platform modified to be more Russia friendly. That's couldn't happen w/o consent from the nominee.

When Congress enacted more sanctions with a veto proof bill Trump delayed almost 1 year to enact.

Currently Treasury Secretary is attempting to ease sanctions on Oleg Deriposka. Sanctions removal has always been Russia's goal.

We still don't know what was said between Trump and Putin in Helsinki.

Actually, Trump's own staffer Gordon said that Trump himself ordered the platform change.

Jan 25, 2011
Yea. Right. Hyperbole.

Hnmmmm... not sure if defending Trump with this statement...

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

At some point you gotta realize that you are playing for team Vlad, no matter how painful that revelation must be... The bad news is that the fucking is ongoing. The good news is that you can quit the team with the snap of a finger, and just like that you are not in reverse-winning mode anymore.
One way I can think of getting the Trump shit-stain off of a conservatives soul is to get on twitter, your favorite social media, spread the word IRL and get #metoo2 trending, #metoo2 - got duped by the Trumpster false prophet! Make it your "walkaway" statement.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Probably he did know. I suppose it's possible Trump just said "do whatever you have to do, I don't need to know about it."

One way or another I hope the court cases can iron it out with no doubt (at least for those that still believe everything isn't a plot by the Dems.)

Feb 4, 2009
Probably he did know. I suppose it's possible Trump just said "do whatever you have to do, I don't need to know about it."

One way or another I hope the court cases can iron it out with no doubt (at least for those that still believe everything isn't a plot by the Dems.)

Even if it’s a “do what you have to do” moment, that doesn’t make him innocent.
None of us can use those words at work without being held liable for something going wrong.