Prominent Moderate Democrat calls out the lunatic fringe

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: piasabird
There are other things in the world besides gay rights and Abortions that need to be addressed. We have people are actively trying to blow us up and we are stuck on the loonie left issuess. Doesnt the Democratic Party stand for anything other than those 2 issues?

I cant see spending money on a stupid spotted owl while someone is starving to death.

but you can see dropping 400 bil a year on a more o less worthless army. Great.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Forsythe
I would definently call killing thousands of innocent arabs, thereby pissing off many other arabs "bad for national security".

Originally posted by: 5LiterMustang
holy crap a democrat with a brain!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 they dont seem to get to office very often, they're forced out by the extreme left. Maybe this guy will run in 08, maybe he'll support some tax reform. Maybe he'll support a strong military and strong economy! keep your fingers crossed!

maybe the democrats could just nominated Jeb?

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: BushBasha
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: BushBasha
You have John Kerry; outing one "true" spy a month is not enough for you guys?
What a crock of sh8! You have Karl Rove and Scooter Libby outing a covert CIA agent, and can't find anything more imaginative than wasting our time and trying to distract people with their smear campaign from the last election? :roll:

Are you saying that John Kerry, against the directive of the CIA, did not out a secret agent who was in the field working undercover during the Bolton hearings? You might want to check the Communist News Network. So, we have an aide who heard someone's name from a reporter who got it from her husband who was giving interviews to Vanity Fair and hasn't been overseas (or out of her desk job) for more than 5 years vs. someone currently (well, he was before Kerry outed him) in the field outed by a member of Congress although the CIA gave the directive not to use his name during the hearings? Take of the Rove blinders and get with the program. Perhaps then you guys can actually win an election.

perhaps you didn't know that in the process novak/rove/whoever blew an active cia front company, and that additionally now the people that had been spied on now know that they have been spied on.

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: dannybin1742
hah!

and bush has done a good job?

rovegate anyone? how about treason?

Guilty until proven innocent, as charged. The radical leftists here are in denial of even what their own party officials can see.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
As a democrat, I won't be voting for someone like him, regardless if he is a democrat or not. If it comes to it, I will have to vote independent. Good thing I will be moving to Europe within the next few years; I won't have to put up with "family values" (anti-non white chirstian male) "preemeptive strike" (slaughtering innocent civilians in the name of the almighty oil-dollar and calling them "collateral damage") conservatives any longer.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: zendari
Originally posted by: dannybin1742
hah!

and bush has done a good job?

rovegate anyone? how about treason?

Guilty until proven innocent, as charged. The radical leftists here are in denial of even what their own party officials can see.

What is it that the party officials can see? About Rove, or security?

I feel the need to remind you that what Bayh actually said is that American perceptions of Democratic view on national security need to be changed. He did not suggest the Democrats actual view on national security needed changing, just that they needed to communicate those views better. Read it again, it doesn't say what I think you think it says.

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
John Kerry: "I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations"Kerry said he wanted ?to almost eliminate CIA activity".

Not weak on security? They want to outsource it! :laugh:

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004
John Kerry: "I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations"Kerry said he wanted ?to almost eliminate CIA activity".

You're in the UN deciding counsel...
Besides, that's just to get people to help you, or you to help them. The more the better. Moron

arsbanned

Banned
Dec 12, 2003

Yeah like the CIA did us any good whatsoever in preventing 9/11. RIGHT? How about all their evidence supporting the war on Iraq? They are the envy of the intelligence World, I'm sure. LOL You're a real genius. :laugh:

5LiterMustang

Dec 8, 2002
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
Originally posted by: piasabird
There are other things in the world besides gay rights and Abortions that need to be addressed. We have people are actively trying to blow us up and we are stuck on the loonie left issuess. Doesnt the Democratic Party stand for anything other than those 2 issues?

I cant see spending money on a stupid spotted owl while someone is starving to death.

but you can see dropping 400 bil a year on a more o less worthless army. Great.

400 bil a year on a worthless army? wow, I've got some friends that are freakishly left, but not one believes our army is worthless.

MidasKnight

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2004
Originally posted by: tss4
I think its common knowledge (and admitted by most democarts) that they need to improve the perception of democrats as week on national defense.

Not only their preception but they need action in the eyes of the moderate voters out here. Talk is cheap comming from the Dems these days.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Good comeback...except that was a quote from (as far as I can tell) 1970...and I didn't see anything that sounded like outsourcing. And in any case, I suspect that CIA quote was prompted by the pretty well known fact at the time that the CIA was engaging in what were almost certainly amoral and probably illegal activities in Vietnam. Look it up, it's interesting stuff.

Context matters, and as usual you have missed it.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Originally posted by: MidasKnight
I think its common knowledge (and admitted by most democarts) that they need to improve the perception of democrats as week on national defense.

Not only their preception but they need action in the eyes of the moderate voters out here. Talk is cheap comming from the Dems these days.

Indeed it is. But with a prevailing attitude as expressed by Rainsford, The Left cannot seriously make a move on National Security.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: cwjerome

Indeed it is. But with a prevailing attitude as expressed by Rainsford, The Left cannot seriously make a move on National Security.

That's true. He's way over the heads of even a number of relatively informed imbeciles here in this thread. Imagine what the average terrified dunce would think. Not that the terrified can really think.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

That's true. He's way over the heads of even a number of relatively informed imbeciles here in this thread. Imagine what the average terrified dunce would think. Not that the terrified can really think.

You do realize that the essence of virtually every post you make is that those that disagree with you are primitive, ignorant, rejects?

You may wanna delve a little deeper into that expansive "unconscious" of yours and deal with your ego again... because although you like to say you know nothing, you certainly don't act that way :roll:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

You do realize that the essence of virtually every post you make is that those that disagree with you are primitive, ignorant, rejects?

You may wanna delve a little deeper into that expansive "unconscious" of yours and deal with your ego again... because although you like to say you know nothing, you certainly don't act that way :roll:

Tell me what was this:

"Indeed it is. But with a prevailing attitude as expressed by Rainsford, The Left cannot seriously make a move on National Security."

You made no argument, you stated no case, you simply took an opinionated and brainless swipe at Rainsford whose post expressed reasoning and intelligence. You proved your own case that such things have little effect and I pointed that out to you. I mean I hope the reason you post here is to learn, no? In a mirror you are what you see.

And besides, I wouldn't want you to think I'm soft and unable to defend a fellow citizen like Rainsford in matters of national security. Us liberals are vicious killers.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
It's called a simple observation... nothing more.

Try and assume less. If you truly seek understanding, ask.

But assuming is your signature characteristic... you've discovered truth and know us better than we know ourselves :roll:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It's called a simple observation... nothing more.

Try and assume less. If you truly seek understanding, ask.

But assuming is your signature characteristic... you've discovered truth and know us better than we know ourselves :roll:

Where did you get all that since mine was just a simple observation too? :roll:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
They're not weak on defense, they're mentally sane.

They try to position themsevles on the opposite aisle as the Repubs.

With the perceptions that the Repubs are strong for defense, the the Dems have deliberately chosed to take the impression that they are more towrads a socialized state and less on defense.

They were in charge for peoples memory when all nastry wars in the 20th century happened.
It may be a reminder that they are trying to avoid.

Some of those conflicts may have been needed, however, the fact that they happened on their watch may be a sore point.

It was the Repubs that get the credit for the ending of the cold war, yet the Dems were unable to apply the "peace" dividend that was promised.

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

With the perceptions that the Repubs are strong for defense, the the Dems have deliberately chosed to take the impression that they are more towrads a socialized state and less on defense.

They were in charge for peoples memory when all nastry wars in the 20th century happened.

Some of those conflicts may have been needed, however, the fact that they happened on their watch may be a sore point.

It was the Repubs that get the credit for the ending of the cold war, yet the Dems were unable to apply the "peace" dividend that was promised.

I'm not big on american presidents since i'm not american, but can you refresh what presidents where in charge when the major wars happened?

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

I'm not big on american presidents since i'm not american, but can you refresh what presidents where in charge when the major wars happened?

At least in the last 100 years, it was mostly Democratic presidents who decided to send our troops into battle.

PELarson

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2001

PELarson

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2001

Didn't Senator Kerry say that around about 1970 about the same time President Bush was saying "pass the booze!". So if I interpert your comment correctly President Bush is still a boozer?