Projector screens which would you buy?

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Overall the silverscreen one but any reason the first link is for a pull up screen instead of a fixed frame?

Reactions: LikeLinus

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Make sure you have room for your speakers around the screen if you don't get an acoustically transparent one ...
Othewise, looks like you are going to have a decent system.

Enjoy it!

Nov 20, 2009
I've owned both fixed PVC screens and woven acoustically transparent and will always choose the acoustically transparent. But this is for my application, which is a 100% light controlled room and a viewer (me) that can see pretty much in the dark and doesn't need a lot of lumens so the projector is setup for maximum contrast and not brightness.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
1. How big of a screen do you want?

2. How much light will be in the room?

3. Do you want to put speakers behind the screen?

4. Do you want to DIY or buy something ready to go?

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Yes a pull up screen as long as it doesn't has or develop any wrinkles.

I've got a 100" pull-up screen that I use primarily for work (mobile powerpoint presentations) & it's been surprisingly reliable. Also, I previously had a 12' inflatable outdoor screen that I used for outdoor movie parties, and despite the wrinkles, it actually looked fine. Elite Screens is a pretty decent brand, plus it has a 2-year warranty, so if you want the pull-up version & have the budget available, I'd say go for it! The HT3550 should look stellar on it, be sure to post some pics!

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I've had this one for like 6 years and love it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00366S0UW/

Doesn't look like they make that one anymore though, not sure if there is a newer model or something though.

Mine is 120".

dMwQLVJ.jpg

Reactions: Kaido

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
I have a fixed 120" Elite Screen and it is damn good. I think I paid around $550-600 for it around 5 or 6 years ago. It's been a fantastic screen. I wouldn't mind a 300" screen but it wouldn't fit on my wall. My projector will do 300" though. Not sure how good the picture would look at that size but it looks fantastic at 120"

I have brown leather theater seating too like purbeast but I can only seat 4.

@purbeast0 I have that exact screen! At least it looks exactly like mine even the little logo in lower right corner. Ok just looked mine up. It looks like yours but yours is a eazy frame and mine is the sable frame. Looks identical though.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I have a fixed 120" Elite Screen and it is damn good. I think I paid around $550-600 for it around 5 or 6 years ago. It's been a fantastic screen. I wouldn't mind a 300" screen but it wouldn't fit on my wall. My projector will do 300" though. Not sure how good the picture would look at that size but it looks fantastic at 120"

I have brown leather theater seating too like purbeast but I can only seat 4.

@purbeast0 I have that exact screen! At least it looks exactly like mine even the little logo in lower right corner. Ok just looked mine up. It looks like yours but yours is a eazy frame and mine is the sable frame. Looks identical though.
Mine is the sable frame too, so yes it's identical :)

But damn, you paid a lot. The price increased a lot. Mine was $315.

kn51

Aug 16, 2012
I will be using it with a BenQ HT3550 projector. Thanks.

Nice. Wish I could make an excuse to upgrade because that would be the one in my quasi budget zone. Then I realize well now I have to do the receiver, etc. etc. when other earthly demands fall upon me. Anyways nice choice.

I did the cheapo route on my screen. 4x8' sheet of thin melamine with black fabric/velvet whatever wrapped around on a 1x4" frame to absorb overscan. Several reasons for making that decision. Gray walls, light controlled, etc. etc. looks great to me and everyone else which is all that matters.

Reactions: Linux23 and Kaido

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
Mine is the sable frame too, so yes it's identical :)

But damn, you paid a lot. The price increased a lot. Mine was $315.

When did you buy yours? I bought mine in 2012. Yeah it was expensive but I really wanted a nice fixed screen. I bought it on Amazon too. $315 is a rocken deal for sure.

screen price.jpg