Project: Spray-on Dynamat

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I got some subs installed in my car a month or so ago, and they sound good, but the trunk rattles like hell. Now, being the extremely poor college student that I am, I balked at the idea of actual or even generic dynamat, because the price is just plain high. So I invested in a $5 can of spray-on rubberized sound deadoner(sp). I really didn't think it would do anything, but it really did! It still rattles a little(although much less than before) from the outside if I have it blasting, but inside the car it sounds great. Well exceeded my expectations. The only problem was my lack of laying down newspaper or paper towels....I've got some brown smudges around the trunk/bottom of the rear windshield...but considering its a car with a dented rear quarter panel, replaced and seemingly spray painted front quarter panel, black front bumped on a silver car(all bought this way)...its obvious that I don't really care how it looks. It runs great, and now it sounds great too!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

nwfsnake

Feb 28, 2003
Cliffs:

1. Bought car worth $5.
2. Put $3K soundsystem in it.
3. Surprise, car rattles.
4. Applied $5 sound deadener.
6. PROFIT!

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: nwfsnake
Cliffs:

1. Bought car worth $5.
2. Put $3K soundsystem in it.
3. Surprise, car rattles.
4. Applied $5 sound deadener.
6. PROFIT!

Its a 2000 Galant LS. Because its beat up from the outside, I got it for $3000(blue book value at the time was over $9000 in good condition). Its still a good car.