Project CARS 2 Good game?

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
it's definitely sim-like in that playing with a wheel is best. I'd say it's better than the first; certainly takes some getting used too. the more powerful cars can be quite challenging to drive, much like Assetto Corsa. Track selection is fantastic but I wish there were a bit more manufacturers lined up. The lot isn't at all bad though.

worst part is the AI, but you can customize how they behave to some degree.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Steam reviews say its better than the first. But I still wont be buying it.
I am more than happy with BeamNG.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011

Does BeamNG have a racing component now? I have it but it's been about a year since I played it...at that time all it had was a sort of rally thing, but the car handling was a bit strange.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Does this one have the same horrible performance that the first one had, or is it better optimized?

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011

I was playing beam last night, it's deeply satisfying destroying cars. Although they can deform a bit too much.

Monk5127

Mar 22, 2015
Does BeamNG have a racing component now? I have it but it's been about a year since I played it...at that time all it had was a sort of rally thing, but the car handling was a bit strange.
There are a few race scenarios available here - https://www.beamng.com/resources/categories/scenarios.8/ . Usually they are along the lines of demolition derby and come with their own stripped down cars, as the high part count of "normal" cars can cause performance to tank as they get more destroyed.

Edit:
Personally I have had a lot of fun swapping different cars into this scenario - https://www.beamng.com/resources/figure-8-race.1223/

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
It's better than the first, but for pure sim racers it's a bit of a disappointment. I'm a sim racer and I was on the fence of refunding it before I closed in on the 2 hour window but decided to keep it to see if SMS fixes the AI.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I don't see myself spending too much more time with it now that Forza 7 is here and Gran Turismo is about to land on PS4. Sure, PC2 is more of a sim but I only have so much time to play games and, in all fairness, GT and Forza were here first.