Professors and PowerPoint (not a rant, but close)

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
My Child Psychology professor uses PowerPoint for class notes. This, i have no problem with. I find it easier to read than the professors that write notes on the chalkboard. However, my professor, in an attempt to be "hip" maybe, uses the car screeching to a halt sound for every single tiny block of text. Every page transition too. Also, the sound is always turned up so we hear it nice and clear. Basically the class goes something like this...

"Freud basically had three theories."
<Car screech>
"The id"
<Car screech>
"The ego"
<Car screech>
"and the superego"

Its very annoying and makes it difficult to focus in class. Anyone else have professors who suck at using PowerPoint?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
I had a prof who took the book supplied PPTs, deleted the McGraw-Hill logo and copyright and put his own name on it. Everyone in awhile he would miss one in the middle of the presentation. That was the only way we found out.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Powerpoint is abused in class rooms. Honestly, group discussion works better than listening to a professor drone on and on about something I have already read in the book. I prefer professors that expect us to read, and then involve us in discussions and use real world anecdotes during class. In a perfect world..

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I just had a slide presentation today. My prof said his aids were bewildered when he asked them for a slide projector, and then couldn't figure out how to put the slides in the projector.

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
I'm working the helpdesk that has to deal with your professors. They are flippen because they cannot open attachments that are non existent.

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
I hate it when prof's don't even bother making a powerpoint presentation and just project their notes in Word.