• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Processor Differences

kohlersc

Jul 23, 2007
Ok so I understand in general that faster processors are better...and if I understand correctly the ones with a faster FSB is also better.

So anyone willing to help me understand what the difference is between these 4 and why the two that I think would be the best are also the cheapest? Or is it just lucky and therefore a no brainer that I would get one of the 6750 or 6850 processors as shown below.

Thank you.

Processors Images

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
There's really no differences in the actual cpu's, at least with the E6700 vs. the E6750. However, you do get a slight performance advantage with the E6750, because of the higher RAM speed: E6700 vs. E6750 article. And the reason that the E6700's are so much more expensive is that they were bought at a higher price. It's pretty sick how much profit each of those stores/websites were making from each E6600 & E6700, isn't it?

ASK THE COMMUNITY