Processes constantly running in the background on Samsung S22 Ultra?

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
How do I stop processes from constantly running in the background on Android 12?

Trying to figure out what is causing my battery to drain.

(This is on my Samsung S22 Ultra 256GB.)

Most annoyingly, the camera process is constantly in the background.

Is there any way to stop the various processes from running in the background, and control when they open?

(Basically, I need a Android equivalent to Process Lasso Pro by Bitsum on Windows 10).

That program is so useful in controlling what is running, and what isn't.

(Not trying to advertise Bitsum, just a normal user.)

I've looked thru most all of the various settings, and can't find anything useful.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I'm new to Samsung but there are a bunch of videos on youtube on how to save battery, free up memory, put apps to sleep, etc. You can even set up Bixby Routines that do the above when certain condition are present. You can also set up you phone to reboot on certain days at a certain time.

sakitech and Hayls World seem have pretty good youtube channels.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
How do I stop processes from constantly running in the background on Android 12?

Trying to figure out what is causing my battery to drain.

(This is on my Samsung S22 Ultra 256GB.)

Most annoyingly, the camera process is constantly in the background.

Is there any way to stop the various processes from running in the background, and control when they open?

(Basically, I need a Android equivalent to Process Lasso Pro by Bitsum on Windows 10).

That program is so useful in controlling what is running, and what isn't.

(Not trying to advertise Bitsum, just a normal user.)

I've looked thru most all of the various settings, and can't find anything useful.

On my S22 Ultra I found simply returning to 60hz refresh rate instead of 120 and turning off Bluetooth location enhancement thingy saved a huge amount of battery life.

Last edited:

MrDaniel

Nov 4, 2011
I found an app that looks for annything running in the background and flips tgrough the app manager and forces stop on all of them. Sec ill link. You can also manualy force stop apps in tge app manager but it takes a hell of a lot of time to do. Note, since new update, theres nothing to stop apps from restarting themselves. How often i find the microphone turns itself on, idk.

User security on cellphones is junk. We need to find someone to sell neodymium cellphone boxes. Only thing i can imagine that would wipe out their signal at home.

Yall might know neodymium from those rare earth magnet commercials and hype. It's actually just a powdered metal ceramic thats sintered and cooled off in a magnetic field. But just plainly sintered without the magnetic field the stuff blocks all magnetic fields. It's also a crazy good insulator for high voltage transoceaniac power cables.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Can't you just go into the apps and select the individual app such as the camera and change how it runs in the background under the battery setting?