probs with OCing and prime95???

absolom

Aug 1, 2003
ok, i got an asus a7n8x deluxe board with an amd 3000+. i'm running 200 freq. with an 11.5 multiplier. my comp runs great but i get a rounding error with prime95 the 1st few minutes everytime i use it. whats the deal??? what settings in my bios do i need to change???

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: absolom
ok, i got an asus a7n8x deluxe board with an amd 3000+. i'm running 200 freq. with an 11.5 multiplier. my comp runs great but i get a rounding error with prime95 the 1st few minutes everytime i use it. whats the deal??? what settings in my bios do i need to change???

uh well that means ur CPU is not 100% stable, that's generally a very common error to show that, u may need ta increae voltages or just not overlock it.

absolom

Aug 1, 2003
the voltage is the stock setting and the memory is at the stock settings, what is the FSB spread spectrum and what should it be set at?

also, what percentage should i set my memory at? i set it to 200% and my comp wouldnt boot so i pulled the cmos battery and set it like i had it

any basic help on changing settings other than freq. and multipliers would be great!