Problems with the three Virginia gubernatorial candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Robert Sarvis from the non-Austrian, moderate, Gary Johnson wing of the LP:
Does not support replacing the current centralist VA Constitution with a confederal-based one (where the counties are sovereign) and where the confederal legislature is limited to borrowing gold.

Believes that consumption taxes differ greatly from what we know as income taxes... they're really all income taxes but CATO institute/Kochtopus/supply siders fail to realize that. Consumption taxes stifle investment and capital accumulation plus they're just as much of a burden on small businesses as what's officially known as the income tax.

Wants the proposed consumption tax to be uniform which is not really possible and not desirable if it was possible as Dr. Rothbard intuitively pointed out. Did not say that it would have to be 1% or less either.

Does not favor decentralizing VA's public debt by county population.

Did not mention that he supports VA secession.

Does not favor borrowing or even collecting in gold.

I should note that he may not be set against the above, but he does not particularly favor them and as a libertarian, that's totally unacceptable.

Ken Cuccinelli of the Neo-Tea Party Wing of Lincoln's Party:
Does not favor significant overall revenue reduction if any reduction at all. The base will be broadened and some people will pay more than they do now. The top marginal rate decrease he proposes is very miniscule. As a Republican, that is inexcusable.

I don't believe that he favors repealing all State legislation against individual firearm rights/county rights.

Does not favor restoring gold as money.

Favors (or at least used to favor) (more) government intervention in mental health as an alternative to more gun control. Neither should be appropriate to anyone who truly loves liberty.

While good on some civil liberties like being against at least some droning, he is not so good on others although I can honestly live with banning abortion at the VA level if it doesn't cost the tax payer more money than the abortions and planned parenthood cost the Virginia tax payer now. However, I do not favor his proposed ban on gay marriage. At the same time, discrimination in public facilities is fine, whether it's against blacks, whites, asians, Muslims, Church of Rome members, Eastern Catholics, Mainline Protestants, Evangelical Protestants, Buddhists, Shintos, Pagans, Hindus, Sheiks, Atheists, Agnostics, Taoists, Jews, gays, straights, asexuals, bisexuals, transsexuals, retarded people, people of average intelligence, geniuses, males, females, the elderly, the young, the middle aged, etc., etc.

Has not advocated Secession.

Terry McAuliffe, member of the moderate, pro-business "New Democrat" wing of the Democratic Party (in contrast to the left wing former Governor Tim Kanus represented):
Favors a closer relationship to the D.C tyrants.

wants to attempt to increase taxes on some of the wealthy while not reducing revenues for all.

Favors more gun control than we already have.

Favors tax-funded abortions.

Wants to expand medicaid.

Wants to spend even more on Virginia's already super-expensive public education.

Refuses to drop out of the race and network with other wealthy Democrats to help the poor instead... if the DNC really wanted to help the poor (I know they don't want to help the poor very much with their own resources) then their rich asses would donate their own resources and only their own resources without any more effort than it takes them to redistribute by taking public office.

Now I'm off the soapbox.
Let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.