TV: Panasonic VIERA S1 Series TC-P58S1
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, B450 MB, GTX 1060 6gb, 16gb memory
Speakers: 3.1 setup
L+R: Pioneer SP-FS52
C: Pioneer SP-C22
Sub: 12-Inch 150-Watt Powered Subwoofer

How they are hooked up: HTPC ->HDMI->Receiver->HDMI(ARC)->TV

The Problem:

Any time the Receiver turns off I have to reboot my computer to get video back. Sometimes (not always but most of the time) I can get it to give me a picture if I change the Receiver to TV+AMP mode, but then all sound is output through only my center channel. This is because in the TV+AMP mode the Receiver sends the TV EDID to the PC, and the PC outputs in stereo, and for some reason the receiver does not upscale it to all the speakers, even if it did it would not be an acceptable long term solution. For a dirty workaround I have written my own EDID override that tells the computer my TV is 7.1 capable. That works, but because Microsoft has really tightened down security on drivers I have to disable driver signature enforcement to get it to work at all. Also not a good long term solution (not to mention it only works sometimes, meaning it is not an acceptable wife solution).

As you might be able to tell, the computer side I know pretty well. I keep thinking that the system is passing a video source the receiver can't handle, but I've checked everything and can't see any difference between the signal the PC is sending when it works and when it doesn't. I can simply turn off the reciever and it will pass the signal though, but of course then I have no audio.

I have spend the last few days changing settings on the AVR and trying different video and audio setting on the PC to see if I can get it to pass something through consistently, so I'm kind of out of ideas now and hoping someone in here can give me some ideas that I haven't thought of.

Finally, I just bought a much bigger house, and now my media room is more than double the size of my old one (actually almost 3x as large while my old room was kind of small this one is downright cavernous) so I'll eventually be looking to upgrade. I'm thinking a full 7.1.4 ATMOS system, but just having bought this house, and now needing to spend thousands more in repairs and upgrades (the HVAC system is almost 40 years old!) that will have to wait until at least the end of the year and maybe middle next year, this old house I bought needs a lot of work). So, all that said I kind of need to keep this working for at least a bit, but if I must replace something I need to keep in mind what I intend to do.

Oh you Guru's of High Fidelity Sound, what wisdom can you impart on me?