Problems with QMC@Home

The Borg

Apr 9, 2006
Hi, guys.

I have been having a problem recently with QMC work units. The progress would stay at 0% for hours (until I picked it up). I discovered this morning that Amolqc-alpha 5.06 WU's do show progress, but the Amolqc-beta 5.01 WU's don't.

I have been running optimized BOINC and non-optimised BOINC. No difference. I thought it was that, but on a clean box last night the 5.01 WU ran showing not progress.

Any ideas?

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
This is one of the reasons I no longer run that project. There have been some other similar problems with other such units too. :(

I need the DC projects I'm involved in to be stable - I want to set them up on my fleet and then not have to look at them for a week at a time or longer. ;)

The Borg

Apr 9, 2006
Thanks Networkman.

I like QMC because it is long and the credits are great with optimised BOINC. I have used Climate as a backup on most machines if they run out of work, but if the work gets stuck, then that does not work.

I check my machines often, so weeding out the bad ones is not a real problem, at least now I know where the problem is. Hopefully they will fix it.

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
Hey you guys, just so you know.. there's aren't really a problem.. this is what it says on the frontpage:

Reported problems:
- the windows version shows the workunit progress only in the graphics

So crunch on! :D

The Borg

Apr 9, 2006
Hi,

Thanks. I saw that too. To me it should be one of the easiest things and first things to do and that is to dispplay the progress.

I will contiunue!!!